Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hello squigs..I look forward to sleeping on a decent mattress,being woke up after 8'oclock by my alarm and not by the dogs barking.Its also nice to be able to go out for a meal and look decent when getting up from a chair and your shorts or skirt/trousers not stuck to your backside.But apart from that i love Goa for what it is...
clean feet!!
clean finger nails
snug thick duvets
english sausage mash onions veg and gravy
cheddar cheese
friends and family
no mozzie spray every day (yes squigs!! I agree)
being cool...BUT not cold...dont like that
fast internet connections!! .... well mines not too bad here I spose!!
yes... tap water ...
:think
sure theres more!! just thinking about it
chilly
  • Edited by chilly 2009-04-22 21:28:54
Sleeping back in my comfortable bed with its lovely duvet.
Being back with my dog and cat.
Eating chocolate that doesn't taste stale or have a whitish hue.
Drinking nice wine.
Not feeling itchy because my Sun Factor 30 or 40 (which is like trying to rub a wet suit into your skin) together with perspiration and sand have got in places I would much rather they hadn't got into or under. I also find this combination can chafe sensitive skin.
Mr Kipling apple pies with carnation milk. I don't know why but I always have a craving for this when I am away and the only time I have it is when I return.
Feeling cool.
Drinking tap water.
Clean feet.
Being asked "when are you going on holiday" and watching peoples embarrassment when you tell them you have just returned and they then try and back pedal by saying "you DO look well".
Not having to do any washing when I get back except for our towels because we would have had our clothes laundered at the hotel. I find that if I do the washing when I get back and then do the ironing, I become very depressed because I miss my holiday.
My lovely feather pillows & memory foam mattress
Seeing family & friends
Topping up my tan, sitting outside our local cricket club with a cool pint of lager
Proper bread & milk
wherever else we go the first thing we usually do is order a curry,but it has to be a home cooked roast,but best of all is feeling clean,not being smothered in either sun cream or after sun,
FORGOT ONE. Booking the next trip to Goa!!!!!

umm and me:
Chococlate!!! for same reasons Sydney states!!
chilly
Have sat here thinking hard about what I miss besides my family, but as I don't see them every week all I could think of was:

Salad - real proper good salad!
Cheese - I'm an addict
My bed and duvet.
Water

Must be why I had such bad post holiday blues this time! :(
Being Scottish.... a real plate of Mince and Tatties, a Fish Supper (haddock and chips to those south of border), a real bacon roll with dry cured bacon with brown sauce, a good plate of soup.

Other than that I'm quite contented with curry most days in Goa.
seeing the family
the pets
our bed good nights sleep
the house ok think that should be first
cleaning my teeth with tap water
the bad thing the cold
Quite honestly - bu***r all -

Spinach at a pound a bag instead of 10 rupees an arm full - 13 pence
corinader at 2 bunches for a quid instead of of 2 bunches for 10 rupees - 13 pence
caulies at a quid instead of 15 rupees - 20 pence - tomatoes at 14 rupees kg instead of one pound
lots of cheap fruit - where can you buy a pineapple for 20 pence instead of one pound fifty pence and papaya at 20 pence for one that will last most of the week as part of your breakfast meal.

Dozen eggs - 28rps - 37pence
Small multi grain bread - 12rps - 16 pence.

Forgot to say - Vodka at 2 quid a bottle but OH hates the beer here
Waterproof

I'd agree that there's not much I look forward to about being back home. It may be different If i was a long term stayer but as we only go for three weeks at a time I don't really miss anything.

I don't really think about it or miss it in Goa but when I get back to England , turn on the cold water tap and get ice cold water to clean my teeth I think Mmmmmmm that's lovely !! :)

Chilly, if I was able to stay for a long time I would definitely miss my Richmond sausages with brown sauce. :rofl
I look forward to a nice fresh, cool bed........bliss after sweating every night :)
Binning all the junk mail that has piled up while we were away!
Making up with my cat (she sulks for days when we get back)!
Having a power shower.
Not having to sleep under a noisy ceiling fan!
Looking at all the snaps to remind me what a good time we had (because it now seems like months ago) :(
Booking the next holiday (for a good price) :que
Going back to work so that I can pay for it :duh
:tup Fizz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.