Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
We usually go to Gran Canaria in the winter. It isnt quite like Lanzarote and doesnt seem to have as much of a breeze as Lanzarote either. We usually go to Puerto Rico in GC and have a nice time. The beach is good and there are 2 commercial centres with some lively bars and restaurants. If you have an aprtment/hotel that doesnt have a heated pool, there is also the public lido (heated) near the beach too (small charge) that is quite nice.
The nicest resort in my opinion is Puerto de Mogan if you like a small pretty place. We went for the first time in September and have already booked up for next year. If you can push the boat out the hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is about the best hotel we've been to! Not keen on the Canaries as I much prefer the Balearic islands but have decided to make an exception for this hotel and resort.
Hi
Just a quick update, my sister and I have now booked to go to Playa del Ingles, next month. Thank you for your replies and suggestions.

Dawnie-Rob :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.