Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
know one will really know untill they get back.unless they go online while out there.cannot see a big price rise anyway.10/20 cents if that.on local beer.may a bit more on imported beers.but they do get a better deal anyway.just for selling uk beers.
The prices seem pretty much unchanged from last year - we paid 3 - 3.50 euro a pint but 2 Euro during happy hours. Having said that, it was mid April so prices might go up as the season really gets going.
A couple who ran a bar in San An Bay did say that they were paying a lot more for imported beers like John Smiths but I don't know the price as I stick to the 'local brew'.

John.
the no nonsense beer suddenly becomes nonsense. why, when the euro buys more pounds than ever before, should the price of british beer increase - it should be around 25% (ish) less than last year!

sdII

btw i was paying 7 euros for a vat and cuba libre on saturday night in san jose during the big match
sdII

If I remember correctly ( a few Estrella had passed my lips), the price they pay has always been in Euro. They too could not understand how the price was rising not falling !
Didn't get into the 'you should look for another supplier' conversation !

John
landlords will tell you anything. one (whose name rhymed with may) once told me that there were no cucumbers on ibiza and that his wife (whose name rhymed with ray) brought a suitcase full of them back from liverpool every time she went.

the low value of the pound is one reason why i've booked my first trip tingland in 12 years this year! do boddington's still brew beer?

sdII
Well Whitbreads brew Boddingtons but all that is left of the original brewery is the chimney now :(
The rest of the site is a car park......

The question suggests you are from 'The North' ?

John
Still a lot of places around San Antonio Bay advertising €2 for a pint all day or just in Happy Hour.

I didn't think the hotel (Seaview) price of €3.20 for a pint of San Miguel was too bad at all considering our hotel in The Algarve last year charged €4.50 for San Miguel (for those not AI) and our hotel in Paris in October charged €6 for K1664.

There was a marked difference in prices between the cafes/restaurants in San Antonio Town and those in the Bay.

For example, Sa Clau in the town had Peppered Chicken for €9.30 and Kids Menu all €7.50.

In San Antonio Bay at The Olde Tavern Peppered Chicken was €6.30 and kids meals were €3.50.
Just got back from two weeks in Santa Eulalia. The British bars are all the same prices or in a lot of cases less than last year, everybody I spoke to told me that they are very aware that they have to offer incentives to get the British in this year. The Spanish bars are all ten to twenty percent more than last year, I guess they just don't know or care that there is a recession going on.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.