America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
I am off on the 21st too -who you flying with -I am going BA from LGW .Kissimmee is a fairly big area and yes the 192 which is like I drive runs east -west through it .There are lots of Restaurants and shops -maily toursity ones but you will also find Wal greens CVS etc .Will you have a car as there is the Lynx bus that travel along 192 and else where but it is not the best way to get along .

this site has lots of info about the 192 area so take a good look around it.

http://www.kissimmee-us192.com/

and the bus service is here

http://www.golynx.com/

If you need any help shout -I stay in Davenport but know the area reasonably well
thank you for the quick reply

We are flying with virgin from LGW. will look at the links and probably have a few more questions.

kind regards
Which Virgin flight -we may bump into each other at the airport we leave 11.40 all things being equal.
I cant wait, thought we may be able to go into the V lounge before flight, but is only available if you have booked a holiday :cry looks like a good deal at the moment too.
so you will probably see me wandering duty free, sniffing all the perfumes and trying out the MAC make up,..
I am excited about the trip but anxious that kissimmee will b as nice as I drive, but we thought it's time for something new.
Kissimmee doesn't compare with south International Drive in my opinion (south of Sand Lake Road) which I think is a very pleasant area and along with Lake Buena Vista my favourite areas to stay off site. Things are a bit more spread out on 192 in Kissimmee. Plenty of restaurants, shops etc but most will require a drive. It's not quite as easy to walk from your hotel to a restaurant on 192 as it is on I Drive but with a car the options are limitless.

On our first trip to Orlando we stayed on 192 and it was before major pavements were put in. Therefore we only had the excellent Ruby Tuesdays which was walkable from the hotel and getting around was a major issue without a car (it was a huge building site to be honest). Nowadays it is different, more tourist friendly I would say, but still not as friendly as International Drive.

Well worth a change of scenery though.
thank you for that, that was my fear :(
We are due to stay at the ramada plaza and gateway inn hotel. seemed to have mostly good reviews. I couldnt find anything on the surrounding area though.
we will have a couple of days with no car but will do a park on those days.
I dont even think we are going to have very good weather :que
never mind, time off work and somewhere new to explore.

kind regards for replying
la x
I think it's supposed to get back into the 70's this week coming up, with cool temps at night. :sun2
From where i sit that sounds good to me ..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.