Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
You will probably find that the short answer is: no

Mark :D
No you can't claim it back.

Even if your card has travel insurance, then change of mind about travelling would not be a valid reason to claim.

If it doesn't, then consumer credit legislation allows you to claim if the rental company goes bust or otherwise fails to fulfil its contract - but not for changing your mind.
Thanks for your replies. Just got email from the villa company and they are refunding my deposit.

Thanks

Sally
Should name the Villa Company as that is good customer service and above what they would have to do.

Kind Regards
Stewart
The villa was booked with Estarit Owners, they then pass the booking over to Prestigi Properties who are based in Estartit. All my correspondence was with Wendi from Estartit Owners who liased with Prestigi to get my deposit back.

Very good customer service from both companies.

Sally
i am very happy that you have not suffered financially and the villa company is to be commended. However, it is a timely reminder that if we are making arrangements for / with friends and family we should always be completely clear about who pays what if plans change.
really pleased youu got your deposit back
i often book hols with friends
but we always book individually that way no probs if someone drops out
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.