Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Me again, Rosie ;)
We have been in May, July, and September...

May (the last 3 years) - the weather has been pretty good, the odd day of rain, but nothing major

July - Hot, hot, hot........to be honest, too hot for me, plus the campsite was WAY too busy

September (last two weeks) - Good weather, some rain but mainly at nights (along with a mad giant hailstone shower)

In fact, i seem to have been really lucky, never had it too bad in Estartit!
Really depends what climate you prefer- my favourite times of the year are may or september, although there is no guarantee everyday will be beach weather, it is most likely that the weather will be good without being too hot.
There are still people around but not too many that you cant walk comfortably down the street as can happen in the height of the season.
However if you want it lively obviously august is best, I think prices drop down a bit for the last week.
Yeah, we go in may or september for two reasons....

1) The weather is a bit cooler...usually still nice and hot during the day, but a bit cooler at night (which i like)

and

2) The place is quieter...after going in July and then going in May, i couldnt go back in July again!
hi thanks for getting back to me again,

i was looking at the price differences between may and june and some of them are quite a lot more for june than may.

i would prefer a quiet holiday where mostly we could have the pool area for our kids without putting up with rowdy and loud teens as much as possible .

i remember september being not too busy and generally dont think i could cope wityh it any busier than the sept period.

looks like we will go in may thanks for your help hope the climate isnt too cold tho lol i could handle 20 +
The average max temp. for May is 19.4°C and the minimum is 12.3°C. In September the max is 23.2°C and the minimum 17.4°C, so you are likely to get better weather in September than May.
Have to say that i have never really noticed too much difference between September and May, although early May can sometimes be a gamble. That being said, we went on the 14th May this year for two weeks, and it was lovely. Couple of slightly cloudier days in the first week, but the second week was gorgeous, and definitely low to mid 20's.

The good thing about our first week there, is that you could stroll up to the panoramic pool at 10am, and have it all to yourself for a while!! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.