Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Is it wise?
7 Posts
Earley,

I have only been to Thailand once (last year), and returning this year, both times with my partner.

Firstly, why are you so against going yourself? I think you may be surprised how much you'd like it.

Secondly, a lot of men travel to Thailand for obvious attractions, which is clear to see when out there - I find myself questioning why they are so keen to go all that way for a quiet holiday... but obviously I don't know these people, so this is purely opinion!

But basically, given the details, I would say yes they are going to be given a lot of attention. From my understanding, unless going to some of the very quiet, secluded beach resorts they will get far from a quiet holiday (particularly if they are looking at Patong in Phuket).

Please accept this is just my opinion!!

Ron
Is it wise?
Do you mean are they going to be targets? Yes, definitely-two men on their own will be approached a lot.
Why are they wanting to go to Thailand? Are they going on lots of sightseeing? You should think about going- you have probably been put off by all the negatives you see on TV. I felt the same before I went, but knew husband wanted to go, so we booked the holiday. I discovered I loved the place. Positives- some great sightseeing; finding out about a different culture in general; wonderful hotels- you can go 5 star there for less than the price of 3 star elsewhere; spas; shopping; eating out- and if you are not fond of spicey then are loads of other types of restaurants.
And, if you go, YOU can then pick the next holiday :D
From a mans point of view............Having been to Thailand a few times now, my wife said to me 'You are never coming here with your friends or on your own'. I can understand why she said it, even if I am trustworthy anyway! There are truly beautiful girls 'offering' pretty much anything for what I understand to be a fairly cheap price (from mates who have been when single). It sounds harsh questioning peoples integrity but this is one place where the temptation would be very difficult to deal with!

TC
he says he'll go with a male friend instead

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Sorry.

Papa
I would love to see the holiday beach snaps when he comes back and hear you asking who is that pretty Thai sitting on your towel :rofl
There are truly beautiful girls 'offering' pretty much anything for what I understand to be a fairly cheap price
:rofl :rofl and some that APPEAR to be 'girls' :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.