General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I always do this about a month before we go. Give them your arrival date and your name. I would do it today though because you might have to wait a few days for a reply. Happy hols.
we are off to Greece [Kirkira] in October, I e-mailed the hotel as soon as we booked [and to my surprise] got a reply in 4 hrs [usually takes Greeks 4 weeks to reply]..

yasus
wizard
I usually email a month before and then ring to confirm about two weeks before we fly :cheers
Hotels often don't get the guests names from the tour operators until approx 2 weeks before that date of the stay.

luci :wave
Check with your tour operator first, there are occasions when it's the reps in resort that do the room allocation. If the hotel do it then email as soon as you like, keep a copy of any reply & reconfirm just before you go.
At the time of booking you can usually put in any special requests, not sure if you can add them later, but wise to do so if possible as an extra attempt to get what you want!
I've now emailed the hotel with my request and await their reply. Many thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.