Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Debs,

We have found the vast majority of Bulgarians we have come across over many years, to be most friendly and helpful if you treat them right.

Have a word with the restaurant manager, reception staff, or chambermaid, and I'm sure they will go out of their way to help you.

Remember they are great fans of birthdays and cakes themselves.

Peter
In 2004 we celebrated my daughters birthday in Golden Sands.
The hotel were great.
Every time it was someones birthday they laid up a special reserved table in the restaurant with balloons and party hats. They also provided us with a lovely cake with candles and sparklers.
The great thing was, that although I spoke to reception, they already knew as they had checked our passports when we arrived and made a note of it.
We were in Sunny Beach last year and there were several birthdays being celebrated in similar ways in our hotel there.
Hi Debs, it was my daughter's 12th birthday in August last year. Steve from the Happy Duck/Tropicanna was absolutely brilliant with us. We were recommended to go and see him. He arranged a cake for us asked us what our daughter would like ie strawberry or chocolate cake, he put aside a table for us and put up balloons and the first drink for us all was on the house. They came out with the cake with candles all lit, made it a really happy birthday for her. The Happy Duck/Tropicanna is right in the centre of Sunny Beach accross from the Globus Hotel. Hope this helps.

Moira
thanks all for your suggestions, the happy duck sounds great!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.