Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
I would strongly suggest Stallis in Crete. I think it has the right mixture of bars and restaurants, it can be as lively or as laid back as you like. I would also recommend self catering as it is quite cheap to eat out.

You will find the locals very friendly and helpful. Stallis is now more like our second home. :wink:
Have now decided to maybe go to Alikanas in Zante next year. Has anyone been or anyone got any views on this place? Looking to maybe stay at The Elpida apartments... anyone been?
Just got back on Sunday, if its a good beach you are after, Alikanas is NOT the place for you, however there are plenty of decent pools you can sit around, all with bars and snack bars and free beds.

The food in the tavernas is excellent and Alikes is just a short walk away for some livelier nightlife. I would imagine the prices are very similar to Rhodes.

Have you thought about Stoupa on the mainland, it maybe more expensive to get there but the food and especially the wine are cheaper when you are there.
where did u stay? what is the beach like there?

I quite like the sound of Alikanas, doesn't seem too lively but can easily get to the livelier nightlife if its required. We went to Faliraki and if you aren't in the mood for the nightlife there's not much escaping it really!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.