General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I don't care----------as long as I'm on the plane-----and going on holiday :rofl
Preferably the jump seat on the flight deck but since that's not possible these days, a window seat either just infront or behind the wing. That way, when I take photos after take off and on approach, I can get great backgrounds with part of the wing in view. examples.

Darren
i dont mind where i sit, as i hate flying, so all i do is look at the floor, if i look up i could puke lol
Where do i like to sit?

With my feet firmly on terra firma thank you very much!!!!!!

Flying, no ta!!
Right at the back must be the safest... well i have never seen an aircraft REVERSE in to a mountain

Wizard - I take it you haven't seen the film Alive? (The tail end of the plane catches on the mountain, the back half comes off and erm, lets just say it's not a happy ending for the peeps sitting in the back seats :yikes ) not that I intend to scare anyone here - sorry guys!
:offtop Statistically speaking, the centre of the aircraft around the wing box (strongest part of the airframe) and no more than 7 rows from an exit are the safest seats. If you're heading straight for a mountain, I don't think if would make a difference if you're sat at the front of back!

Darren
I'm not fussy where I sit as long as I can see out of the window now and again,I normally swap with the kids when i'm bored and want to look out the window

We have always hit lucky anyway and been near the front but this time might be different as we have no in-flight meals booked

they are a waste of money as they don't get eat, the only things my kids eat are the cheese crackers
I like an aisle seat and one near as possible to an emergency exit, not in the emergency row, unless it's going for free.
It doesn't matter if that's at the front, middle or back to me, but if anything goes wrong, I sure as hell will be the first up and at that door...just don't get in my way :rofl

Sanjiiiiiiiiiii
I prefer an aisle seat. That way I can get up, go the loo etc without disturbing anyone. :)
I like an aisle seat, my mum likes the window seat, works out very well for us both, especially when sitting in in a 2x3x2 configuration.

However... my brother also likes an aisle seat and he's comming with us this time :( I'll end up in the middle :duh because I'm the youngest, meaning he has to have his own way (that still works on us, even though he's 28 and I'm 22!)
:rofl
Left hand side window not in the middle of three
On short haul...a window seat...as I said earlier usually 23F so I don't have to think where I'm going on the plane, as I fly twice a week.

On long haul an aisle seat...as I've had a couple of DVT's I tend to get up and walk about a bit, so I can do this without bothering others.
I like the aisle seat, husband likes the window seat so generally we are both happy.
when we fly with budget airlines(most of the time) I let him do the mad dash to find the seats with leg room as he is very tall, then I just saunter on and find him. I like being near the loo but not on a long haul as it can sometimes be smelly and people barging you when you are trying to sleep :(
My one hate is people who recline their seats GRRRR! on short haul flights, seconds after take off. If they do I end up being the annoying seat shaker everytime I get up :duh I know I should just say something, even worsewhen they have legroom seats as well, "hey leave me a few inches to put my legs".

hugs la x
I don't mind an aisle seat either - very often hubby and I sit either side of the aisle.

I too hate seat recliners on short haul flights. I have said something in the past but not had too polite a response! Hubby just pretends he is not with me! Once on Air Berlin the person sitting in the same row as us had a go at me when I kept pushing the seat in front of me because the person had reclined it - that just makes me more determined than ever to get them to put their seat up.

Pippa
Don't mind at all where I sit, although for our last 4 flights we have (spookily) been 23def . never prebook as we get to the airport nice and early and hope they won't split a family up.
By the window! I like seeing the sea & the land, and trying to guess what country it is below, if I can see anything :rofl Lame, much?

I've had to sit next to the toilet once though, on the way to Aruba :| Eww.
I always sit at the back. Have you ever heard of an instance of an aircraft reversing into a mountain?
Jobey,

Refer to the first page of this thread. Ever seen the film 'Alive' from 1993 based on the events of Friday 13th October 1972 when a Fairchild FH-227 crashed in the Andes? The back wasn't a good place to be on that flight. Your seat position is the least of your worries if you're heading for a mountain in any case :yikes

Just in case, this is the link to the fear of flying thread!

Darren
I like sitting somewhere where I can watch scared people that are sitting over the wings. That is where all the scary noises come from!! :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.