General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
i like the front (thomson) on my last holiday i was sat behind the pilot both ways in 1A and 2D couldnt belive my luck i had loads of legroom didnt even pay extra just was early checking inn. i must remember to take my crutches again for checking in ;)
Hi Caz B

We are flying with thomas cook, we usually arrive 3 and half-4 hours before, and normally allocate us all together, we flew thomson fly last year from manchester-malaga and got seated together I got window seat...
We don't mind where we sit. What we don't like is boarding early, and just sitting there watching everyone else faffing about. It really amazes me how much time some people take to settle down for a flight.
Hi,
I don't mind where is sit, but a couple of years ago on a long haul flight i was sat at the window,then the OH and a very fragile lady next to him,her husband was opposite ,he gave her 6 miniature brandies and she went to sleep,i was desperate for the loo,so asked him to wake her,it took ages,and when i got back she had 4 more drinks lined up,so i asked him to swap seats and he refused,she drunk those and then went off to sleep,it was an awful flight,i ended up telling the crew and they said there was nothing they could do ,because she wasn't offensive
Hi kazza
What I meant about Thom/F.C. is you wouldnt have a choice of where to sit on the plane so arriving early for check-in is a waste of time these days. They usually sit parties together so four passengers would most likely be sat across from each other so you would get your window seat. Check-in staff wont budge if you ask for certain seating although if meals are booked they may do! Maybe Thomas Cook are more flexible, havnt flown with them for a while.
Best Wishes
Caz
Hi Caz

Yep booked inflight meals. I normally ask to be sat together we are on a boeing 757-200 3-3 so 4 of us together me, my boyfriend sit all together, and my mum sits with 2 other people she like an aisle seat for the loo. I love a window seat, hope I dont get the wing like last year, no window it was behind and in front of me.. thanks for post..

Regards
I like to sit in front of some narky cow who's going to argue when I recline the seat :rofl
ColinWWW,

You just opened a whole can of worms with that statement. I'm hiding now!

Darren
When I'm flying long haul if I can turn left when I get on the plane or go upstairs on a 747 I'm usually happy with any seat otherwise an aisle seat so I can have a walk round every hour or so.

Short haul a window seat near the front if possible.
i don't get any choice!!! hubby by window, daughter by aisle (because she keeps getting up for the loo :que ) and me in the middle!

and thats that :rofl
Oh no That person that said that about reclining seat back especially when you have just bought a drink and put your tray down in front of you....Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would kill if anyone does that to me, that my pet hate when flying, a kind person would just ask politally incase you are using your tray if your eating....
Window seat, preferably in Premium Economy.

When we flew back from Dom Rep in March the couple in front of us reclined their seats for the WHOLE FLIGHT. We asked them to sit upright for our meals but they weren't happy about it. I had to stop hubby from really having a go at them. It was a really unpleasant flight.
I prefer a window seat so I'm not disturbed if people want to go for a walk around, and as I travel alone I don't have to worry about getting seats together. Near either the back or front as it's quicker to get off. Last time with Ryanair I was the first to board and got a lovely seat near the front, whilst coming back from Tunis with BA the other year I got the front seat on the right-hand side which was absolute bliss, though I dropped off to sleep almost as soon as we took off. I can sleep anywhere but at least you know on a plane you won't miss your stop. :rofl
Not really that bothered where I sit as long as it's with the rest of my party. Used to hate it when they allowed smoking on planes, came back from Cyprus one year in the last row of non smoking and had to spend the whole flight with my top pulled up over my nose to try not to breath in the disgusting smoke...yuk!
Now I know who's always sitting in front of me on planes, it's colinwww. My wife has the misfortune to have abnormaly long upper legs and when the seat in front of her is fully reclined, she is literally trapped. I appreciate on a long haul journey people want to sleep but all too often, even on a short haul Med day flight, some people just have to get the seat right back, and these people are usually the ones to make a fuss, when they are asked by staff to put their chair back up during meals or take off and landing Why they delight in this selfish behaviour I've never understood, perhaps colinwwwwill enlighten me on this We always get two aisle seats as near the front as possible. Our next flights are to India then in the spring to Oz, heres hoping colinwww is not heading that way. Alan
From now on it'll be by the emergency exit. We were allocated those seats on the way back from Crete, and the extra leg room was great.
I also like the emergency exit seats, but not for the extra leg room, I'd just be closer to getting out if the plane was going to crash!!!! :yikes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.