General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
But you get no sensation of flight in an aluminium tube. Now upside down in a cap21, that's different. But I digress.
I hate being stuck over the wing a you can't see nothing.
We always prebook our seats when we book our holiday so always tend to be nearest the front.
I once had to sit at the back, the very last seats and I was sat bolt upright for 5 hours, I was all aches and pains the next day. Also it was in the days of smoking at the back and as I am a non smoker, it was awful. There was no other seats as my mate and I stood in the wrong checkin queue, so boarded last. :(
I prefer the back of the plane, because its the last part of the plane that takes off... and the first to land! :rofl

apart from that, i love the sensation of looking toward the front of the plane and seeing how steep its rising.... i just love it! :D
mitchellclr wrote:
I prefer the back of the plane, because its the last part of the plane that takes off... and the first to land! :rofl

apart from that, i love the sensation of looking toward the front of the plane and seeing how steep its rising.... i just love it! :D

Now I love flying, but reading that brought back memories of that flight, and looking "uphill" to the front of the plane, well, it totally freaked me out to be honest. :yikes
Hi

any ideas for best place to sit on a long haul flight to the caribbean with a 5 year old and nearly walking pre toddler on lap and husband !!!

we have a thomas cook flight a330 airbus and the seats are in 3s. i was going to pre book but any seats worth doing are not pre bookable....!
I prefer to sit over or in front of the wings, so it's a bit quieter.

Over the wings may be the strongest part of the airframe, but it's also closest to the fuel tanks.... :really
bea,

You might want to have a look through the Thomas Cook thread. Seating is personal preference really so its not an easy question to answer. The seats don't really vary so it won't make a lot of difference really.

Darren
I recently had to collect traveller profiles for all the people in my department at work. One of the questions was "Aisle or Window?"... I couldn't believe how many people said aisle it must have been 90-95%.

Definitely a window girl myself - so it was great news!! :fly Louise
i prefer an aisle seat, i tend to feel hemed in if i sit anywhere else
louise225,

That's an interesting statistic. I hope all those passengers are on my flights from now on so I can have their window seats! I think part of the enjoyment of flying is the views of the world beneath, especially when on approach to a destination for the first time. Your initial views of say a caribbean island stick in your memory.

Darren
When I went to Oz, I made sure I had a window seat - now that was fab!
But for comfort I much prefer an aisle seat.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Dazbo5/Scuba2/IMG_4046.jpg
This is my all time favourite seat! A view from every angle! Sadly it's no longer permitted on commercial flights :cry

Darren
Aisle seat suits me best for various reasons, like to look out of the window but find these seats give less room and you do feel hemmed in, I have to stretch my legs regularly and saying excuse me two or three times to your neigbour gets a bit frustrating and the looks you get sometimes, well makes you feel like a real nuisance. Cant keep apologising all the time can you!!
isle seats for me, cant stand the feeling of being boxed in in the middle and window seat..i prefer to be at the front of the plane.. we have the front row this year so i'll be ok !!
window for me.. i hate being disturbed every 5 Min's for people to go the loo ,get stuff out the bags etc
Window for me, love watching out the window, early flight to malaga in 4 weeks, so love it when you fly over the pyrennes and you can see nothing but mountains, with snow on them, then I know we have not got long till we touch down in malaga, my boyfriend hates flying, so he will be on the aisle, as he likes to get up nad have a walk to stretch his legs, last time we got bloody wing, and the window was behind me and in front, so had to look back on myself to look out, and look forward to look out, no window really on the wing, gonna get to airport early and ask for nearer front seats, for 4 of us, and hope for the best..
Kazza: Hope you are not travelling with the likes of Thomsons then as all their seats are pre-allocated unless youve paid extra to choose your seats. Where we used to be able to request window, middle or aisle is becoming a thing of the past, let alone ask to sit in certain areas of the plane. Hope your flght check-in person is a bit more flexible than some!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.