Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
I have a single friend who goes to Rhodes on holiday alone every year. She stays in the town and finds it safe and friendly. I am a widow now and go to Rhodes alone too but I suppose it's a bit different for me as I have so many Greek friends over there. HTH.
I am going to Sivota this year but have twice been to Skiathos on my own. I can always find a secluded beach if i need to or a crowded beach if I am feeling talkative. I have made so many friends and have had some of the best holidays this way that I would recommend it.
You meet quite a few people holidaying alone in Lindos and it'a a really friendly place.
Rick.
Agree with juggernaut Lindos is a very friendly, cosy feeling resort and one of the most picturesque Rhodes has to offer.
She might find it better to book independently rather than from a brochure as there tend to be high underoccupancy charges for single travellers. If you have a look at http://www.thelindianway.com there's a property on there (can't remember the name) that offers a single room.
Hi,

thanks a lot for your comments, I have passed them on and I'll let you know where she finally ended up going to. We will be off to Crete for two weeks in a few days time- bliss I hope, we have never been to that particular village.

Schnubbel :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.