General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
If the Canaries are not an option I think you're in for a longish flight. Florida would be very pleasant in February, but its 8 or 9 hours. Possibly the Red Sea area? Not sure how long but not as far as Florida. Someone here will know.

Bridd
Canaries or long haul
Slightly shorter would be Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Dubai, Madeira,

Kind Regards
Stewart
Don't think Madeira is the best option for a child. We've "done" the Canaries for Feb half term, pleasantly warm, managed the beach twice in a week had good pool time though - the wind was the issue, but if you can find a sheltered spot it's very nice

Egypt (verging on five hours flying dependant on resort) is much more stable in Feb - high twenties - need a cardy in the evening.

I don't think that Cyprus or Turkey are the best choices that time of year as the weather can be very unstable (my parents had a solid week of rain in Cyprus three years ago).

For longer haul, Dom Republic is very competitively priced, ditto Cuba. Probably had the best holiday we've had in Florida weather-wise in late Feb.

Banjul (the Gambia) might be an option - but I haven't been that time of year - anyone else ?????????
Thanks for all your thoughts. We have booked for Lanzarote and hope that the weather will be nice. Something needs to be done about the major jump in prices at school hol time but suppose it never will be. Will just have to grin and bear it till it's just me and hubby and we can go any time of year!
Agadir in Morocco.
famous for it's 365 days sun!!
berber eyes
Watch out for the winds in lanzarote, particularly at that time of year. Its a very windy place anyway but in winter its even worse :shock:
Sorry, Lukey, but you've got your wires crossed. :wink:

The strongest winds in Lanzarote are in the summer months, not in winter. That's why the Canaries are called the fortunate islands because you've got the wind just when you want it. It would be far too hot in summer without it.
Looking to go away for a week in feb 06 but I want somewhere hot but not the canaries as every time we go there the weather always lets us down. The problem is we don't want a really long flight don't mind 5 or 6 hours as we only want to go for a week. As anyone any ideas, did look at morrocco but I don't think they get the weather that time of year. There will be me hubby and son of 4.

Thanks Diane.
How about Egypt/Red Sea?
bridd
Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea, Egypt :wink:

5 hours away.

Pippy :D
Egypt/Red sea
Not a long flight and lovley weather :lol:
Definately egypt!!

Lovely place, great weather.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.