Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
You could combine one or both with Penang- I would go about April time for this. Others would recommend Langkawi- which would be very peaceful after the hectic pace of city life! Have a look at the recent Penang posts for cost ideas.
Others will no better but I would assume costs for eating and drinking would be similar in Langkawi.
Have a look here , here, here and here!
Hope these are of some help!
Weatherwise if the beach part is the most important part of the holiday I would go between December to March to the western islands of Malaysia. Penang has a lot of things to see and do, hotel pools are inviting but the sea itself...well I never swam in it as it did not look inviting and we were warned about jelly fish.

Langkawi is much quieter than Penang, very relaxing and easy to drive around if you want to explore. There are some good beaches on the island. Most people find the best food is to be found in the local restaurants rather than those aiming specifically at the tourist, and of course the prices a lot less.
We were there in november and the weather was lovely. It is very very cheap to eat out. From a couple of pounds at the Hawkers Markets to £15.00 per head for a top rate 5* meal and that included drinks.
wendy
was that Penang or Langkawi?
Langkawi is the cheapest as its a duty free island
Hi Rusty
welcome to HT!
Hi Fiona
We were in Penang and we had a lovely time. The people were so nice and everything was so cheap.
I agree you get great meals in the Hawkers in Penang. The price is unbelievable and are often the busiest places around.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.