Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
yeah numbers, this is my little un sitting on Mounda it was deserted when we were last there apart from the little burger shack...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/sallybear/kittyturtlebeach.jpg

eeeek a bit big haha sorry. Is that Zante in the background opposite the beach, lovely views
Hi, Sallybear, that`s another thing I liked about Mounda, the sea being shallow for quite a distance, ideal for children, as I was with my daughter and 2 grandchildren. Actually, they both swim quite well, but I`m a non- swimmer, wish it was otherwise!
Sorry,P.S., Yes, that is Zante, or Zakynthos, in the distance.
yeah It was the only place on the island i took Kityt swimming in the sea, perfect for little'uns stayed really warm quite far out too

oooh i miss greece, only 4 days to go
Hi Sally - envious of you going to skiathos in a couple of days - hope you have a great time as i 'm sure you will :) we go 4 weeks this friday - have been to a few greek islands, corfu x2, crete x3, Symi, Rhodes, Skiathos x2, Zante x1, Kos x1. I love ALL the Islands but at the mo Skiathos is my favourite, especially Skiathos town as you have it all there and can still access the beaches easily. This is closely followed by Crete - would love to buy a holiday home in Skiathos - what a dream! I'm getting butterflies in my belly now.. :hyper
I love greece so far i have been to

Kafalonia
Corfu
Lefkas
Santarini
Kos
Crete
Cyprus
Tolon
Ithaca
and prob some more i have forgotton
Crete - Platanas just outside Rethymon with 5 other lads long time ago and same resort as a couple 8/10 both times but for different reasons.

Corfu - Acharavi with the lads again 8/10 (I think!!!)

Aegina - Aghia Marina first time to Greece with my partner, it was April and really quiet. 9/10

Kos - Kos Town loved the whole island, the beaches, bars, tavernas and people all fantastic. Probably the best bus service I have come across in Greece. 10/10

Rhodes - Ixia really enjoyed Rhodes Town especially the Old Town, and most of the island, didnt like Ixia at all, small beach, food and service in tavernas not great, because of this we stopped going to Greece for about 4 years. Ixia 0/10 rest of island 7/10

Kefalonia - Lassi what a way to reintroduce ourselves to Greece, everything was amazing. 10/10

Pelion Peninsular - Platanas for a quiet week in April, only 3 tavernas and 1 shop, absolute heaven. 10/10

Pelion Peninsular - Agios Ioannis superb beaches, excellent food, lovely people 10/10

Pelion Peninular - Afissos same as Ioannis couldnt choose between the two 10/10

Peloponnese - Stoupa same as the above two except maybe the food was better 10/10

Have also been on day trips to many other islands, my favorite being Hydra.

Also worked on Cyprus for 2 years and holidayed ther 7 times, at first 10/10 now I wouldnt go back unless it was free.
Hi all, Greece can be really fab, great food, great scenery, great weather etc, any way this is where we have been.

Rhodes (Tholos) 9/10 found the same taverna in the village that Edd did in a previous posting, it was that good we ate there every night fantastic food at an amzing price, ie, 3 course meal for 2 with beer wine, ouzo, brandy etc about £14.00 amazing.

Corfu (St Georges) 7/10 ok but bit to british in parts for my liking.

Crete (Kokini hani) 6/10 once again ok, the resort was horribly built up, Heraklion was good, as was Knossos and the archeology museum, good taverna in Kokini hani that made home made wines and raki, lethal.

Kos (Kefalos) 9/10 fantastic place, great scenery & food, the old village is a magnificent place with stunning views, great holiday.

Regards
Sliema2
our first holiday abroad was to crete(malia) eleven years ago,loved every minuit,always threatened to go back,but have been trying others ever since, and fell in love with them all. 10/10
kos-six times(kardamena) just love it ,and we are in our fifties,tend to go later now tho, october time. 10/10
zante-3 times love laganas and kalamaki beaches 8/10
kefalonia-once in 1999, beautiful island, will get back sometime 10/10
we are off to rhodes in august for our sons wedding in ixia, stayed in falaraki two years ago, superb holiday 10/10
plus day visits to other islands, nyssaros, itheca etc,
we cant fault the slow easy pace of life,the friends we have made,and the good food and wine etc
we tried dom rep three years ago, but will stick with the greek isles from now on,also cyprus was worth it
jeppo :D
Let's start at the very begining, as it's a very good place to start!

Corfu - Gastouri 10/10 - 30 min walk inland, uphill from Perema (where the Kings Palace is), stayed with the wifes sister and family, probably the best way, visiting the tourists when you want!

Corfu - Aghios Gordis 10/10 - Little villa 5 mins from sea. The 4 kids loved it, must be one of the best beaches in Greece!

Halkidiki - Hanioti 8/10 - Late Deal, stayed at Hotel ..., Lovely Square, serene by day, bustling by night. Loads of planctum in the sea that the wife didn't like!

Zakynthos - Kalamaki 11/10 - Well it was our honeymoon. Stayed at Dennies Inn, not a cloud for 2 weeks at begining of July. Beautiful beach, only downside the beach runs into Laganas, upside is it's about 1/2 hour walk!

Kalymnos - Panormos 10/10 - Hotel Elies, Mikos the barman made the holiday one of the best. Luggage delivered on the back of a truck as in all the good islands. :lol:

Aegina - Souvala 9/10 - Only 19 apartments in building, detached with a lovely pool, moped around island, lovely. only let down rocky access to sea.

Kos - Kardemena 8/10 - Went with a mate and although we must have had what we the grottiest room in the resort, we were assured that it wasn't. Bar street is very lively at night but all music shut off at 12. Mopeds all week to tour the island so we forgot about the room.

Cyprus - Larnaca 3/10 - If you can call it real Greece. It seems as if it doesn't know if it is Greek or British, not to our liking. Good view of the Chemical Works or whatever it is. Hotel Henipa. Nice accomodation.

Crete - Hersonisos 4/10 - Other parts 9/10 - Stayed at King Minos Hotel, grooty rooms, steps to everywhere, only saving grace was the pool. Stalis was lovely.

Been to France and Turkey a lot in between but missing all the yassoos from the locals so it's off to Samos in under 5 weeks, will be looking out for Borismab and keeping the Ouzo cool for Edd!
Anybody been to Chrysoula Apartments & Studios in Kefalos Kos :?:
What is Kefalos like for teenage children
lant, you may have a better response if you make a new topic entitled something like "Chrysoula Apartments & Studios in Kefalos Kos" as it will stand out in the Greek Islands Forum
Corfu - Ipsos - back in 1987 - when I was a young 'un. Loved it at the time but it's not my cup of tea now so I'll not rate it. (god I sound like an old fogie!! :)

Rhodes - Lindos - back in 1989 - beautiful place to stay and a lovely island - 8/10

Crete - Malia - 1990 - Loved it at the time but it's not my cup of tea now so I'll not rate it.

Kos - Kardemena - 1992 hmm, well this was a girlies holiday and boy did we enjoy ourselves! 8/10

Lesvos - Petra - 1995 - great place to stay, friendly village (we placed cards with the old guys most nights!!), very clean beach. 9/10

Zakynthos - 2001 - it rained most of the time we were there and I can't remember the resort - it's on holiday I've blocked from my mind. Won't rate it as it would be unfair as my experience soured my opinion of the place.

Halikidiki - Polychrono - 2003 - great resort with lovely food, shame that beach wasn't up to much but we tend to like the pool anyway. 8/10

Kefalonia - Agia Efimia - 2004 - fab, pretty resort and there is lots to do on the island. 9/10
Crete - Georgeopoulus (sic - can't be bothered with spelling) - went in April while there was still snow on the mountains and the spring flowers were out - nice time and always meant to go back. Pity I was with the wrong person. 7/10

Corfu x 2. Kassiopi on a "what the hell, lets go somewhere" late availability. Had a really fun week. 7/10. Agios Stephanos (North East). Just returned. Beautiful. Fantastic apartment and without doubt the friendliest place I've ever been - treated my little boy like royalty. Only moan is that it was a little expensive. 9/10.

Lesvos - Molyvos. Lovely town, but so steep. Fantastic restaurants near the harbour. A bit dissapointed with what else of the island we visited, but we were only there for a week. 7/10

Skopelos. Beautiful town. Got hopelessly lost trying to find our hotel on the first night. Each whitewashed street looked identical in the state we were in. Loved the rest of the island too. 8/10

Naxos. Not the prettiest of islands, but loved the old town. Meant to go back and use it as the base for some island hopping. Dream on. 8/10.

Keffalonia. Fiscardo. Lovely scenery and great food, but really need a yacht to appreciate it properly. Came back with a baby. 7/10.

Ithaca. Just spent two days in Vathi. Pretty scruffy town, although had a fanastic night sitting outside a backstreet kebab house in a torrential downpour. Had to keep using a pole to to stop the awning we were under from collapsing under the weight of water. Awesome views over he bay of Vathi from Anogi. 6/10.

Cyprus - if we're counting Cyprus - x3. Stayed in friend of the family's villa in Pissouri. Got bored. 5/10.
Blimey, here we go then (bear in mind we like quiet scenic places and not bustling resorts).

Corfu 3 times (faveourite place so far - Roda)
Paxos & Antipaxos (stunning) (Lakka is lovely)
Kefalonia (Lourdas, great beach & peaceful)
Ithaka - visited only - beautiful
Zakynthos (Honeymooned!)
Lefkas (Vasiliki preferred to Nidri)
Tolon (Peleponnese), busy but lovely bay
Skiathos (great beaches and a great 1st time Greek island)
Skopelos & Alonissos (visited only but would love to see more of them)
Lesbos twice (Anaxos). Beautiful rural and v big island, difficult swimming
Rhodes (Pefkos but years ago when it was quiet)
Crete (Nr Ag Nik but would like to visit Chania area)
Santorini (last yr, stunning scenery but v touristy)
Kos (nice away from the main resorts)
Kalymnos twice. Kantouni lovely to stay and swim. V Greek
Lipsi (paradise -cant wait to go back) Tiny islands nearby idyllic (Marathi)
Paros (Piso Livadhi, superb beaches) also visited Antiparos
Naxos (V Scenic and v greek - also v windy)
Koufounisia - sheer paradise but busy with Scandanavians in summer
Schinousa (tiny, v Greek, too quiet for more than a day or two)
Patmos - only visited but fell in love with it and will go back
Syros - only visited - Ermopolis amazingly big & busy town

Favourite Places: Lipsi, Patmos, Koufounisia, Paros

Stoupa coming up this Sept. Future plans - Halki, Symi & Tilos
My wife convinced me to try greek islands after going to France every year for the last fifteen years or so.

She has helped me to see the error of my ways and shown me the light :D .

Kos - Kefalos lovely beach first taste of Greek food superb. First intridution to Ouzo. Just had to keep trying it pure nectar.

Crete - Gouves great resort beach nice and sandy great tavernas and oh is that Raki strong. Malia beach excellent.

Rhodes - Pefkos so far our favourite will return again and again warmest water, gently shelves into the sea ideal for children.

Kefalonia - Skala for our silver wedding anniversary last year beautiful island great beaches, tavernas and some lovely times.

Don

8)
I have been to Zante I would give it a 8/10
I have been to the following:

Zante - Laganas 6/10
Zante - Kalamaki 8/10
Corfu - Sidari 7/10
Rhodes - Faliraki 4/10
Kefalonia - Lassi 9/10
Skopelos - Skopelos Town 6/10
Thassos - Skala Potamias 7/10
Halkidiki - Fourka 9/10

I'm off to Tisilivi on Sunday - YIPPEEE!!!! Will give you my marks on my return.
Been to Corfu 3 times, Kos twice, Zante twice, crete,halkidiki, rhodes & Cepahalonia once oh and a quick visit to pireaus during Island hopping, would like to say loved each and everyone of them for different reasons and i dont think you could ever discover and enjoy all the beauty however many times you visit. God willing i will continue to visit more of these islands over the next few years, dont fancy Turkey though!!
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.