Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I am with Gemma on this 1. Can't beat the Marinha Dourada! There are now lots of places in the area that you can walk to. There is also the Nilaya hotel, which we visited last month. It is a top class hotel....retreat? It is situated in the hills just passed Arpora and is very peaceful! Worth taking a look! :tup
Hi Gemma
I know the MD is far superior to other hotels thats why I chose it with advice from the good people on this site :tup I just think first time visitors need to be aware of what they will get ie a clean, but basic room. When we walked into the breakfast room/tennis court I thought ,no way :yikes but after a few days it did'nt bother us, you get Goan blindness :rofl . Many years ago when we used to always go to Greece/ Turkey the state of the room wouldn't have phased me, however the past seven or so years have been spent in luxury 5*accommodation in America (we have a time share) and the Carribean, however as I said after a couple of days we forgot all about the mold around the fridge door and the dodgy toilet seat and had one of the best holidays we had been on in a long time. :cheers We all loved Goa and will be returning as soon as we can for another wonderful holiday,possibly even back to the MD.
Debi
Great Debi. I am glad you enjoyed it.
It might be a good idea to try another hotel and you will then see how good the MD is :rofl
As for mould at the fridge etc, ive never experienced anything like that at the MD and although we have been a few times and are on friendly terms with the Manager, I would still complain about something like that. Its not on is it.
I couldn't hack any rougher :rofl We were thinking of the Ronil beach only because those bl***y taxi drivers did my head in and I like the thought of being able to walk to lots of places. I did however love the setting of the MD the views across the lakes, the peace and quite after being in Canmecarhoot :rofl (sorry Calangute)

We also really enjoyed the night we had in between the lakes, the dodgy singers, really good acrobats and after several bottles of the Rose and some better than usual hotel food, we had a wonderful night with some really great people, shame it was only on once a week.
Debi
ljwoody i've sent a email waiting a reply about No 32.
Hello Elliebee's sister :thanks how nice to meet you ...no matter where you go ljwoody
you will fall in love with the place ....colleen
Thanks Sleeps :thanks

Col I know she will love it, I keep telling her that :D

I think its her Hubby who's not so keen. He has fallen in love with Thailand and don't think anywhere can match it :think
ellibee..when your B/I/L goes to goa and meets us lovely people of here H/TS he'll forget all about Thailand.. :rofl
I know the hotel you are talking about - someone I know went to look around it in Dec. It is near Coyotes off Beach Road. It's something to do with one of the shacks on the beach (looked posh this year and had grass round it) I can't remember the name of it at mo - is it Sunnyside or something like that? It is supposed to be very very expensive!!!!!!! Can't remember price cos well out of my league. The Lemon Tree hotel looks really nice - I had a skip round there. There are some lovely hotels down south though - depends what you want I suppose. I've been to Thailand - the hotels in Goa are nowhere near the same standard, beach huts on stilts are the same!!!
ljwoody..My friend in Goa has sent me a email the hotel is 360 deg.Beach Resort..He told us they were nameing it No32 well never mind..He is trying to get the email address for you so hold tight..
:wave: .ljwoody i have the details of that hotel if your still interested..please pm me..
Thanks for that Sleeps. Ill pm you :tup
Just had a little look at 360! -- http://360beachretreat.in/home.htm

Certainally looks good, but expensive, wouldn't mind a day on the yacht :cheers
Oh well done on finding that Link Lassi. It does look lovely there :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.