General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
well i know a Dhobi walla was a laundry man [british colonial army slang] got no idea about the Ghats so lets me out :que
Bombay now known as Mumbai,

Where would you find Grits on the menu ?
southern united states

where is Hippocrates international airport
The Beautiful Island of Kos

If you were shopping in Chatuchak market what city would you be in?
Bangkok

If you were walking round The Temple of the Tooth, which city would you be visiitng?
Well I know its Sri Lanka but not sure whereabout?
:tup
Which city would you find Camp Nou in?
im not a sports follower but i have been there on the red tour........ Barcelona football club

Mount Athos
The Greek islands ;) Is it part of haldikiki?

Which island would you be on if you were in stone town , and which famous rock star was born there?
Zanzibar
Freddie Mercury

Capilano Suspension Bridge
I can't answer but never knew Freddie Mercury came from Zanzibar :)
Fiona wrote:
I can't answer but never knew Freddie Mercury came from Zanzibar :)

His real name was Freddie Bulsara, Stone town is a really interesting place but with grim reminders of the slave trade ,
His real name was actually Farrokh Bulsara
I think he kept the name Farrokh , he changed Bulsara to Mercury around 1970 when he started out with Queen , his nickname from an early age was always Freddie .

Capilano ? Sounds Italian ? Or am I thinking of cappalletti ;) A bridge made of little bits of pasta , perhaps not :D

In which country is Mt Kilimanjaro, and this mountain features in a song with the lyrics ,
" I know that I must do what's right , As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti"

Name of group and song title !! They deserve a Grammy for using so many big words !
Well the country is Tanzania, which is in Africa, which is also the name of the song sung by Toto

and the Capilano Suspension Bridge is in Vancouver, BC. Canada.

If I was riding through Copper Canyon what country would I be in.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.