General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Sounds lovely, I have had a couple of great holidays there years back and keep meaning to revisit.
I really need to get something sorted for the summer, hoping to go back to Gozo but really wanted to sort our hotel for Egypt at Easter first and the best price has now gone up by £300.. knew I should of booked it months ago :(
off to tunsisa in may for 2 weeks then goa in nov roll on may lol
Just booked for Turkey in June, already booked for Kos in September
doe wrote:
Sounds lovely, I have had a couple of great holidays there years back and keep meaning to revisit.

Thanks. Never been before. Hoping weather in may will be pleasant :)
It was a long time ago, but from what I remember the weather is marginally better than the uk mainland as it is about 500 (?) miles south. Hopefully it will be kind to you but even if it isn't there seemed to be plenty of things to do and sightseeing opportunities.
Not booked yet but our plans are , two weeks around the med or canaries in late feb early march. Cruise to the Norweigan Fiords may/june, never had a cruise before so thought it would be a good starter, two weeks around the med or Turkey sept/october. Home in our summer as we are not heat lovers
I recently saw an advert for Bulgaria which I thought looked really nice. Warm weather, nice scenery and quite cheap too, because it doesn't seem to be an overly popular holiday destination. Would make a nice change from going to the usual haunts. lol
hoping to book for dom republic for xmas 2013 .. three weeks all inclusive if all goes well
I will be going to Maldives, I have heard that this beautiful island may disappear in our life time, so want to be one of the last people to be there and experience the greatest time of my life at greatest place. I have booked my ticket with a website travelstreet.co.uk and hotel from booking.com.

Its costing me around 900 pounds per person for 7 days. Hope everything will go well !!
My partner and I are looking to go on a cheap holiday (very cheap) but not disgusting or uncomfortable, so air conditioned & reasonably comfy beds , leaving from Glasgow/ priest wick anytime between June 15 - August 25th for over 7 nights but not turkey or Bulgaria preferably above 3* I know that's going to be a difficult one on a tight budget but any ideas ? Thanks to anyone that takes time to read or answer this xx
Hi Twinklestar18,

Have you thought about the Greek Islands? Hubby and I have been to many of the islands over the past 20 years and I would go back in a heart beat, although hubby won't return due to them being in the Euro.
dom republic 3 weeks over xmas booked whoohooo..

cant wait to fly the new dreamliner
been to dom rep loved it . but very expensive couldn't but ciggies there cost a bomb.
Mexico, but driving myself mad on what resort to book ... El Dorado Maroma, Secrets Maroma or Excellence Playa Mujeres. Any help or input appreciated!!!!
Thailand - Bangkok, Elephant Hills tented camp and Khao Lak. Can't wait, never been to this part of the world, really looking forward to the beautiful beaches, food & Elephants!

Oh and of course Turkey, can't wait to return there either!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apartment rental in beautiful area of Turkey, perfect location for a wonderful holiday http://www.turuncapartment.com
Hi Alfie,

Friends of ours went to Thailand for 3 weeks in Nov. Split the holiday over 3/4 resorts and had a fantastic time. Looked at their photos yesterday ... must have been around 100 photos of them taken with the tigers .... beautiful creatures and was amazed how small humans are in comparisson to them!!!!!
Got two weeks booked for Chicago over the easter break. Found some (relativly) cheap flights and then came across some short term rent appartments downtown which work out at $100 per night (a lot cheaper than a downtown hotel) so have booked that as well.

Good news is that the NHL (Ice hockey) have overcome their industrial action and they are going tio start there season next week so there will be top flight hockey for us to watch while we are there. We shall also be looking up a lot of our friends there. We may even visit a couple of schools where some of these friends work. You never know it may become a busman's holiday and I shall teach a class or two!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.