Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
There isnt really a main supermarket in Protaras itself. The closest supermarket is in Paralimni a couple of miles up the road, called Orphanides.

If you hire a car it's a simple drive up the main road towards Kapparis and turn left at the roundabout and up the hill.
You can't miss it next to the church.

Otherwise you are left with the more expensive options in Protaras itself.
The Golden Star Supermarket in Yianna Marie Resort says it's a "full scale European style Supermarket".

Maybe someone can confirm?

Marion
THe Golden Star supermarket is probably the best one in Protaras if you cannot get to Orphanides. Decent prices and a good selection of stuff. Saves you getting transport to Orphanides which is too far to walk to from Protaras.
Could you confirm how far Paralimni supermarket is from Pernera? It it within walking distance? Staying at the Isaac Apartments in August.
No it's not walkable, well it is but it's a long walk.

It takes me about 5 mins to get there on a scooter from Pernera.

I'd say its a good 30 - 45 mins minimum walk which is quite a lot in the heat of Cyprus.
It would be a long way to walk, esp. with shopping...

From Isaac, up to the top of the (gentle) hill.
Turn Right at the T
Right at the next T
Past the aquarium on your right
Left at the island
On your left up there next to the Church

There is a little mini-mart type shop just across the road from Isaac though, or there are buses.

Ady
Ady does the bus from Pernera to Paralimni stop near there, if so that is the best thing for people without transport as it's a hell of a walk.
Thanks for the directions. As I am sure it will be very hot in August, I will get the bus!!!

Never been to Cyprus before and never had a holiday for 4 years so can't wait.
Or indeed a taxi? Frozen food won't thaw and you won't have to carry heavy bags on what will be a very full bus (trust me!) Make sure you confirm the price first though. For the sake of a few quid you can get all your shopping in one go and get dropped at your door.

I'm sure someone here will give you an idea of price - I'd guess at about £7
Ian
Pretty sure it does, yes.

Richie
I'd guess a bit less than that - I only get charged £6/7 from Pernera to Deryneia, which is quite a bit further

Ady
I get charged £6 from Pernera to Kennedy bar in Kapparis so I would guess it would be around the £6/£7 mark to be honest or do taxi charges go up at night as i've only used taxis after about 8pm.
Thanks Ady. Not been to Paralimni direct from Pernera so wasn't sure how far it was.
Chugo101 has just got back from the Rising Star so she will know about the supermarket at the complex and prices etc.

She actually gives individual prices in her excellent review. It's probably not worth paying for a taxi to go anywhere else.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/holiday_truths/hotel_reviews/2618/Rising%20Star%20Apartments/

It's well worth a read.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.