General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi Lindy yes - we've already booked for Kalamaki n Zante. Greece was more or less a foregone conclusion, which Island provided us with more of a headache :tongue
Yes, going with Helen to Kalamaki, Zante. I haven't been to Greece for over two years, so after dabbling with the idea of Cuba as a long haul, I couldn't think of foresaking Greece for another year. I've stayed in Argassi and visited Kalamaki for a few hours but never stayed there.

Out of your list, I prefer Corfu - my favourite destination so far.
not even thought about it.. not had this years yet [soon tough to Kirkira [Corfu]] next year we hope to go to Rhodos [Rhodes] and either Kipria [Cyprus] or perhaps one of the Greek islands we have yet to see [about 130 main ones to go]

yasus
wizard
just booked tenerife on thursday yippeeeee for next year. :D
We are going to Torromelinos in February :tup San Antonio Bay in Ibiza for October next year as well! Currently looking to see if we can fit something in, in |May as well :)
hi all

yes we are booked for next year already too :D going to cyprus in june and kos in august :cheers really looking forward to going to kos, greece is a place ive always wanted to visit. we have been to cyprus so know what to expect and love it there also

x
I have booked June for my son's wedding in Cyprus :) I am hoping to visit Nepal later in the year hopefully :think
Booked for Kenya but we will fit in another week or 2 somewhere else, not been to Greece for a wee while so I am starting to get withdrawal symptoms.

Might try Turkey for the first time :que
i was going to go to rhodes next year but after going to zante for the 4th time this year its pretty likely we will be going there again next year :)
still got another trip this year yet, 7 weeks today and im off to athens
Hotel not even in thomas cook brochure for next july, we are still gunna go back to fuengirola, however have contenplated ibiza, and a med cruise but its working out so expensive, bb in hotel in fuengirola or apartment ..booking with a bit of look in jan ...
I really really fancy Cuba next year. Have to see how the pennies mount up! Im logging on everyday hoping to get a good price.

Is anyone getting any good deals for early bookings. Also are you all booking with one of the big tour operators or doing DIY considering the few problems experienced this year with the smaller agents going under?
We booked a week next May for Lanzorote with first choice. Price was £1340 for two adults, and included a free child place. This is for an all inclusive basis, with great flight times and from our local airport. :)
We are going the week before the half term holiday in may. It was loads more expensive for that week.
Hoping to go somewhere in August as well, Thinking of doing a diy to mainland spain, but no idea where yet.
hi all....as we had other things to use cash for next year...we were going originally nowhere...great place ...costs nothing...though it did have mixed reviews....then we decided on rome....rome around the garden.... :rofl ......

Originaly ( before other lovely but unexpected and expensive events this year bit a big hole in the rolling kitty) like kitman was thinking of trying turkey for first time as hubby has had a thing about turkey for years....was going to kid him was going salou....he hates it there now as we did 10yrs with the kids there..

Then a close friend asked could we go together with our kids ...who get on great together and like all the same stuff.....so I looked into it....found a good deal with siesta holidays self catering ...for Calella de Palafrugel a small coastal village on the costa brava.... for 14 nights...and as we are sharing a big mobile home its worked out really cheap....my share for 4 of is just over £1000 so wont break the bank

One place I really want to return to is Pefkos in Rhodes...just for a week.... for the lovely evenings dining in the fresh air....and lazy days....and want to see more of Lindos....but got other plans sorted for 2012 hols....so 2012 maybe.

But all said...its Calella de Parafrugel already booked weeks ago for us next year...tweetie
I really like Zante, we went for 4 year running (something I had never done before).
Have now been to Cyprus 2 years running and hoping to go to Northern Cyprus next year.
I am doing my homework and as soon as hubbie gets his holiday dates we will be booking - so nice to have something to look forward to.
Irene
Llindy wrote:
it cant be longer than a four hour flight as i dislike flying , its not the flight as such its just the getting up there and coming back down

:que Surely it doesn't matter what the length of the flight is then? If its 10 minutes or 10 hours you've gotta go up and down. Sorry Llindy, couldn't resist that one :)

Think it will be Majorca for me next year, I know its not very original but I haven't been for 20 years and fancy having another look.
I'm off to Sidari Corfu for two weeks next August. woo hoo! :sun2
will give you that one mark :) , what i meant or should have said is , once up in the clouds after about 3 hours i am clock watching and start to feel anxious about the coming back down , but in saying that i wont let it put me off travelling by plane , anyway things are narrowed down now to either corfu or zante , doing my research in to the areas or Arillas in corfu and either alykes or alykanas in zante
Hi Llindy, I've been to both those islands and love them. We've opted to go back to Zante next summer although we thought about making our 3rd visit to Corfu. The transfer times decided it for us. Most of my favourite resorts on corfu are around 2 hours transfer from the airport wheras the resorts on Zante are a lot closer.
I'm not too sure yet. I haven't been long haul for a few years now, would love to do Thailand or Orlando, but we'll see. I'd go to Orlando with my girlfriends and drive over there but most hire companies have a min. age of 21 which is sad. Coaching it puts me off too much to consider it. :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.