Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
What do you want out of your time in Ibiza?

Santa Eulalia would offer you a very relaxed time, with lots of nice shops and resturants to choose from serving a high standard of international food. It's a mature atmosphere, although we are in our 20's as well and always choose Santa Eu. The beach is probably the best resort beach on the island. There is some live entertainment in Santa Eu but no were near as much as other resort towns, people really do go there to kick back and enjoy a drink and a meal and soak up the Catalan culture. If you plan to go self catering than the town is a good choice as its as much a residential area as a resort town, meaning the shop are good value and there is a supermarket, which is obviously a good place to get beer and wine. The town also offers excellent (in the summer 24 hours a day) bus routes (INVALID URL to Ibiza Town and Es Cana, if you did fancy a more active evening one night.

Ibiza town is a livily place, full of really nice bars playing up to date dance music, as well as the old town with it's late night markets and boheimium feel. It also boosts a nice marina area. There are a couple of the clubs here, Pacha and El Divino - also Priviledge and Amensia nightclubs are a short bus / taxi ride away.

Es Cana is a very British family restort, which does what it says on the label. Don't expect much in the way of Catalan infulenced culture here, but you will find a very popular beach with watersports, as well as many British bars and cafes serving up full english and chicken and chips.

San An offers you Eden and Es Paradis nightclubs as well as sun set strip which is home to Cafe Del Mar and Coastline Cafe, which is a nice place to hang out and watch the sunset. Unless you like watching 16 years vomit in their shoes at all times of the day, avoid the West End, its the part of Ibiza you see on programs such as Ibiza Uncovered and is appalling - time it was closed down IMO.

Playa Den Bossa, is also a family area outside of Ibiza Town and is home to the big waterpark and Space nightclub.
Have to agree with everything Balearic Jobs has said above, only thing i would disagree with are his comments on the west end, its a bit of an exaggeration. Ive been visiting Ibiza at least twice a year for the last ten years and have yet to see anything in the West End that was similar to the over hyped programme on the television, although it is like any city centre of a friday night. So if thats not your scene then best avoid it, particulary in peak season.

the sunset strips is a nice place to visit, bars such as mambo, savahnna and the new Kanya and quite nice, and for a change theirs the 'hippyish' sunset bar called Kumharras right around in san antonio Bay.

If your after something quiet and a bit sleepier, think about Portinax which is a small cove mainly frequented by the older generation but families also. Theres also San Miguel to consider, beach is quite nice and is situated in bottom of a steep sided cove with some great caves to visit, although nite life can be a little sedate. Cala Llonga is somethingin between, not too busy but not as quite as the other resorts i mentioned.

Wherever you choose to stay, the island isnt that big so you can travel to many of the small resorts and coves/beaches very easily and all are within 45min driving at most. There are also some nice villages away from the coast which are not as touristy, such as San Jose
:D Thank you sooo sooo much for replying. After reading I have just booked up to stay in St El I am sooo excited just cant wait to get there.

I hope the weather will be nice for the 3rd Sept!! :D
Your welcome!

Hope you have a fantasic holiday. I really enjoy the weather in September, it's still really warm but the humidity has started to drop making it more comfotable. I when a little later in the month than you last time I was there in September however most days were well over 25c. For future reference, May is also a very nice time of the year weather wise as well, if you don't like it very hot.

Remember to check out resturant street while you are in Santa Eulalia, just ask any Brit locals for directions, Queen Vic is a good place to ask, also the marina has several resturants serving fantasic seafood. The beach front is more small cafe style places, with some good Brit food options there as well.

If you want a good chill out bar, just outside of town (about 10 minutes walk, 2 minutes drive) there is a place called Cafe Mambo, which is on the road from Santa Eulalia to Es Cana, next to Hotel Santa Eulalia. It's a little known place and is often quiet, but its a great place to hang out as they have a little bay there which is great for swimming and they will serve drinks and food stright to your sun lounger!

I use to live in Santa Eulalia plus I go back often, so let me know if you have any more questions.

Have a great time!
Where you staying Pink Bug :?:

I am going to Santa E on 02 September with my other half. We are both in our twenties.

I been to Ibiza lots of time (this is my 9th trip) and been to most of the resorts on the island. We chose to go to SE cause its really nice and the choice of food is great. We will no doubt be out and about again at some of the islands clubs
Hiya, We are staying at the Orquidia Aparts for a week... Flying out 6th Sept.. What about you Fraz?? x
We are staying at Can Sanso Apartments which is about a 10 min stroll from the marina on the road to Es Cana.

I am really looking forward to it too.
Pink Bug - we stayed in the Orquidia Aparts 3 years ago, good place to stay. If you have kids rest assured they put entertainment on for them, they also have shows on at night, or maybe a quiz. The entertainment may not be everyones cup of tea, but all in all it has to be said they make an effort. We stayed half board, not by choice that was all we could get. But to their credit the food was really quite good, we always found something to eat.

Lovely little resort - be sure to go to the VERY nice icecream parlour on the prom - you can't miss it 8)

If you go out of the hotel via the back gate (onto the prom) and turn right, follow the bay around until you get as far as you can go and there is a really good bar where the bay meets the river. I can't remember the name of it, but it's a really good bar to chill out in at the end of the day.

You should find out which day the hippy market is on in Es Cana (can't remember the day) and catch the local bus over, or even catch a water taxi. Short trip to make, nice day out. Also from the same bus stop (hotel staff will give directions - not far) you can catch a bus into SanAn for a nose around.
Hiya,

we are staying at orquidea in september, I thought it was going to be nearly empty at that time of year, looks like there's gonna be lots of people there - brilliant :D

Maybe see some of you there?

have a great holiday all of you.

if any of you come back before i go would someone post what it's been like there please (we :fly on 27/09/06 for 2 weeks) - be much appreciated

cheers

Jo 8)
Hiya... We will be back so I will put a post up for you......

Hope you have a good hols... n :)
Hiya Pink Bug,

thanks for that - really appreciate it.

hope you have a great holiday, hope the Orquidea is still a lovely place & the :sun shines every day for you & yours

cheers :)

Jo :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.