Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
why not look at palma nova it's really nice sol mirlos / tordos is a great hotel and great for kids they are a/l, :)
Germans you will never escape on the island sorry about that , they own most the holiday villas on the island..

Spots do appear which have less of them and a few are Alcudia . Cala Millor . Can Picafort . but in general sorry you must get up at 4am to beat them :rofl
Oh dear, looks like i will be staying in Alcudia then and staying on my balcony..lol
Hello, I am new to the Mallorca website but you can find me on the Costa Brava page, we have spent the last seven holidays on this rugged coast, but this year we have decided to have a change. Our holiday will probabaly for ten nights the first couple of weeks in August, it will be my myself, my wife, and our fifteen year old son and his friend. I have almost decided to visit Palma Nova but would like to get a feel for the Magaluf nightlife, would it be too rowdy. I love Callella has anyone been there and how does Palma Nova compare.
Am I the only person who thinks Alcudia is getting a bit like Blackpool with sun.
I have stayed here and the beachs are good but you could be at any of the busy kiss me quick resorts.
What about Puerto Polensa at the top end of Alcudia bay, stayed there a couple of years ago in a privately owned apartment.
I thought it was a nice pleasant place.
Rodz
lol, I am starting to wish i never booked the flights now.

I thought Alcudia was one of the calmer places, I wouldn't dream of going magaluf, I have never beem to Majorca before but Magaluf is one of those places you know about even if you have never been.
Magaluf is not that bad well maybe it is after certain hours but you would hardly be walking around at like say 4-5 in the morning.

I have visited Mallorca for the past 7 years and alwasy stay in Palma Nova - once i stayed on the edge of magaluf at the waikiki apartments - no problems slept nicley queit when it was supposed to be quiet and my kids were happy - but yes we walk around Magaluf early evening and it really is not as bad as people think -

Palma Nova is also beautiful - yes you get your rowdy teenagers but then you get them everywhere - its easy enough to get the bus and explore the island from here as we do - easy enough to get buses into Palma itself and quite reasonable fares as well - walk around Palma eat some tapas at some nice places at very reasonable prices

i hope you go and enjoy yourselves
I must agree with the other poster , parts of Alcudia are looking a bit rough round the gills , and the reason is you will notice the lookie lookie men/hair braiders have taken route down the far cheap end of the touristy road .. they were not so bad years back but seems more of them

How many platted hairs are needed i wonder :( and surely we all take sunglasses with us , but still they appear.

It is that which has lowered the place . the Marina end still :tup but the karaoke bars areas and stuff shame but yep tatty..

Peorto Pollenca not much either in my opinion..

Santa ponsa lovely as is the Eastern side .. :tup
Hi We think that Palma Nova is the best resort on the Island, Great beach,Not far to stroll if you want a lively night and some great bars,it was nice to walk into Magaluf just to see that it is not as bad as it sounds, We are mid 50s and P/Nova is our fav resort
Alcudia will be quiet at easter I would imagine as most places have been shut for the winter and may not have opened up yet. My friends Gran lives there and says it is lovely and quiet out of season. Most other resorts will be opening up after the winter or they may wait until May. Santa Ponsa is practicaly all open.

Magalluf and Palma Nova are nothing like the brash 18-30 resorts that they are made out to be. We visit on a regular basis and all but one small area are lager lout free.This area is only busy late at night and we have walked through numerous times and not felt uncomfatable even when our son was in his pram.
The beaches are to die for, pure white sand and glissing blue sea. Palma Nova is the quieter and couples and families are abundant here. Accomodation is all well kept as are the streets. We once visited in October and sea weed had been washed up on the beach within a few hours it had been cleaned up. The promanades of Magalluf and Palma Nova are well kept and are perfect for a stroll both day and evening.

If you don`t visit them at least have a day trip there as I am sure you would be pleasently suprized.
We have been going to Majorca for the past 15 years. We have been to Acludia, Can Picafort, Cala D'Or and Palma Nova/Magaluf. We enjoy Palma Nova/Magaluf the best so have been going there for the past 9 years with our 10 and 7 year old who love it. Yes, Magaluf can be busy but only at the strip which you can avoid if you want to but when we have walked through the strip we haven't had any problems. The young ones are there to have a good time and don't bother anybody. The past few years we have stayed in Palma Nova but do prefer Magaluf so have managed to rent a private apartment there for 3 weeks in the summer. Can't wait, love the place! Bars and restaurants are very welcoming for families. A bit concerned about the weak pound against the Euro so we are going to take more spending money than usual but it doesn't put a damper on our holiday as we just love the place so much!
We are going to Magaluff for the sixth time in May and have always loved it there. We walk the strip at night and maybe call for one drink and we are a couple in their late fifties, we have never had any trouble with any of the teenagers there. We always end up in one of the bars on the other side of town, Piano, Benny Hills or somewhere like that and ALWAYS enjoy ourselves.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.