Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
we stayed at the playa gardens in alculdia, lovely hotel right on the beach pools were great for all ages, and the reps kept you busy if that is what you want, the whole complex is kept very clean and there are shops, bars and resturants in the surrounding area,a nice family hoilday place

fizzxx
We are a family of six and we stayed in the bellvue complex in alcudia ... it was a good walk to the beach but there was plenty of entertainment... we had a 2 bed apartment....
thanks for replying i am thinking about majorca for summer 2006 ,i want to book it as early as possible so i get a free child place.
summer 2006 should be on sale around april this year
any of the thomson superfamily properties are fab! they cater for large families
have been in many thomson super familys hotels, and have to say the first choice ones are just as nice and cheaper too
fizzxx
We stayed in the Sema Apts (Cala Bona) last Aug with Pandora World Travel (cost roughly £1500 for 2 adults & 3 kids 14 nights). Highly recommended. Nice, clean & spacious.

Tis
Hi folks, We went to the Algarve, Prai De Rocha to be exact, last year and it turned out to be a nightmare. It was our first family holiday with our 3 year old daughter.

I found there was very little for the wee one to do and she became very bored very quick... Anyway

I am looking for advise on a good resort that caters for familys and a hotel where a 4 year old will not get too bored too quickly and Mummy and Daddy can get some R&R.

Any suggestions are most welcome.
We have stayed in several places in Majorca over recent years with two kids, now 8 and 6 years old, and would recommend all of them, Alcudia,
Porto Colom, Palmanova twice. I know that its always a personal preference when looking to book a particular holiday for reasons of kids, but our two have enjoyed Palmnova recently, and want to go back to the Hawaii Hotel, probably because the entertainment staff made such a fuss of them and other small kids all day, and it's fresh in their memory!. Certainly there is plenty to amuse kids here, as well as wonderful beaches, a couple of parks to try and tire them out at night during a stroll/chase along the very long promenade, there are plenty of bars/restaurants which are more accomodating towards small children. One aspect of Palmanova that particularly attracts me is the overall cleanliness of the place, which is good for when the kids are on the beach. Another point we found which attracted us to Palmanova was it only takes twenty five minutes in a taxi from the airport when you arrive in the dead of night. No doubt if you do some homework on the various resorts and hotels in Majorca you will find what you want - these forums have helped us in the past, if you learn to get the general flavour of what people are telling you rather than take specific advise to heart. Wherever you choose in Majorca, I'm sure you will have the holiday you hope for...good hunting!
hello ,
we stayed at the fiesta tropico apartments in magaluf /palma nova , in sept 2003 ,it only cost £780 for 3 adults an 1 child for 10 nights s/c booked with lunn poly, iwe really enjoyed it as it is a superfamily complex and there is plenty to do for the kids ,they have kids clubs more or less twice a day for 2 hours at a time, which our kids loved ,i would highly recommend ,pool is fantastic ,apartments are basic but clean and they have entertainment on at night which is good too ,have a look on the website http://www.lunnpoly.co.uk ,any more questions an i will be happy to answer . if i went back again i would only stay there .
:D Hi
Over the past few years we have stayed in the Lagomonte Hotel in Alcudia its really good for kids little ones and big ones. Theres a kids club basically 8hrs per day they even take them for a early dinner and to watch a video or play games on a night so the adults can watch the entertainment its a all incllusive hotel and the food is perfect. Take a look at the reviews its a lot cheaper if you book it yourself via internet than a travel agent we saved over £900 last year by booking it ourselves hope this helps :gluck your little one will never be bored at this hotel
it all depends on theamount of rnr you want palma nova is good and with plenty of choice of entertainment at night mut may be too noisy at night with bars shutting at any time, we went to the valentin apts in puerto pollensa last year with our six year old and she loved it, it has 3 pools for the various ablities of swimmers and the kids clubs were spot on also although it is half board the accomodation includes a separate room to allow sleep for the littleuns while you can rest in the living room. entertainment stopped @ 11.00 and the town is fairly quiet but with a lot of restaurants. if you want any more info just ask away
We have booked for Holiday Village, C'an Picafort (First Choice/Eclipse).

Try this link: http://www.hotelsviva.com/hotel.php?lng=uk&hotel=5&zona=1

Our youngest son will be 5 when we go, but we went to a Holiday Village property last year when he was 4, and the Kids Club was fantastic.

They ran clubs 2/3 times a day for 2 hours per session, plus 9pm-11pm at night they had a film on for them. They also did early breakfast, and early supper for the children. My kids didn't want to go to every session, nor did they want to have their meals at club, but they did want to go to the film nights!
A big thanks to all that replied.

I have been to Palma Nova but that was before the little one arrived, so ddin't notice if there was anything for her to do.

The problem was mainly at night, sitting in a bar with nothing happening was not her scene.

So somewhere with some entertainment at night.

we are now swaying towards Alcudia, but will now have a look at Palma Nova after originally ruling it out without really checking.

Again thanks everyone.
have a look at the thomson superfamily brochure , they offer lots of choice of accommodation in majorca in safe family friendly resorts.
they also cater for families with young kids, offering kidzone kid clubs, drop in centres, activities all day and night. theres these properties in sa coma where my parents live,its a quieter resort with everything within walking distance, clean long beach with pedaloes and safari zoo there for a day out.

edited by Biiff to remove weblink
Please post all weblinks in our new Travel Directory....

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/directory/
Hi Scoobytwo,
We've got 2 kids 7 and 3 and were off to the Floriana, Cala Bona this May!

There's kids clubs and a park ( a park I think is the most important bit Last year in Zante the park was being redone and we couldn't find another in the village really missed it)
Most often you can find a park in the town or village. Palma Nova has a nice one by the beach side.

Most places in Mallorca cater for children, Cala d'or (well just on the outskirts) had inflatables and rides in the evening for kids!
We liked Magaluf but wouldn't go any later than mid-late May! Palma Nova is quieter but not far to walk for MC.D's Wimpy etc
Alcudia's beach is very long so more chance of losing children, Cala D'or's beaches are coves.

As hawksteel said the trasfer time was an issue when we went to Magaluf with our 3 year old.(20 weeks before No. 2 arrived!)
Great for buses to other attractions too water world, Pirates, Palma etc and loads of bucket and spade shops!
Went on a Thomson superfamily and can't fault them!
Kids club and drop in, evening club and kids mini disco and entertainment in the bar!
Hi Scoobytwo, you don't say when you are wanting to go away, but we went in Oct 2002 to the Fiesta Jungla, it is right next door to the Tropico which is a Superfamily aparthotel in Magalluf.

It was our first holiday with our son who was about to turn 4 at the time and all I can say is what a great holiday. The reps were fantastic, the food (we paid for half board option) was lovely, the apartments were basic, but clean and the entertainment was excellent. The first 5 nights we went up the strip to the bars, but when we realised how good the entertainment was for both the kids and the adults, we never left the hotel at night.

Both the Jungla (not in high season Club Freestyle) and the Tropico are great for families, they are central to Magalluf and with the Pirates show and the waterparks within walking distance they are great value for money (£850 for 2 adults, 1 child on half board basis for 11 nights)

Sarah
We will be going on 16th July for 2 weeks.

We are swaying heavilly towards Alcudia at the moment.

Suggestions for Hotels or Apartments with Kids Club in this resort welcome.

Would you people recommend Half Board or Self Catering?
the choice of accomadation depends on your budget, s/c is certainly dearer, because you have to pay for under occupancy and food but you do get a kitchen and a separate bedroom for kids which far outweighs the cost in my humble opinion also your choice of food is obviously better, most affordable hotels cater for the masses and are adequate but have to feed @ 500 people each meal and consequently the quality of food suffers.
Well once again a big thanks to everyone who gave advise on this topic.

Guess what? We couldn't get Allcudia for a decent price and ended up booking Ibiza instead.

So anyone wanting to look at my questions on that then once again any advise greatly received.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.