Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Palma Nova

Cheers,

Adam
ive been to a few parts of majorca and find each one good although so different to each other, with so many different age groups going i see why your finding it hard to choose. i have been to palmanova and although one of the best holidays ive had might not be your mums cup of tea, as i found it just an extention of magaluf which is more for people really looking for a very lively holiday. santa ponsa was really lovely and would probably be more suited to everyone as it really has a relaxed atmosphere but has plenty going on as well if you look for it which would be perfect for your daughter and friend as its nowhere near as mad as magaluf is (meaning that in the nicest way). i am off to ca'npicafort in 2 weeks which will be new for me but so far reviews have been good and i am going with two young children so wanting quite a quiet base but i believe is really close to alcudia if we want more things to do (
water park etc) alcudia might also be a good choice as it has something for everyone. hope this helps and hope you have a fab holiday
sorry was getting carried away there and now ive read you repply again alcudia is not an option i would consider santa ponsa as it would suit all of you
Hello,
C an Picafort is very much a family resort with all the facillities you need. Plenty of bars, restaurants, shops etc, a nice promenade and lovely beach. As well as a market on a Friday its very much a self contained resort. The water Park is a bus ride away and overall i would recommend it, then again im biased, i live here and work in a Hotel here!!!
Enjoy your holiday.
Santa Ponsa is lovely, but has quite a few hills (Mum has breathing difficulties) hence Palma Nova - just my opinion!

Cheers

Adam
Cala Millor?
Flat
Great beach and sea
Plenty of shops
Bit of nightlife
Family orientated
Plenty of restaurants
It's a very relaxed area, but I wouldn't say it's quiet, just not Magaluf.
Your Mum would like it, but depends on what your daughter and her friend want to do on holiday?
Hi Caziann,

Without a doubt Sa Coma - it is flat, with a great traffic free promenade that runs right along the beach which is also fantasic, lovely white sand. There are loads of retaurants and bars along the front. It's a really family orientated resort although does have a few lively bars with entertainment to suit your daughter but also the relaxed atmosphere to suit your mum and dad.

Hope this helps.
thanks for all your help x think sa coma has won me over
i would recommend cala d'or. I am off there in 5 weeks and have been told by many friends that have visited that it is a beautiful and peace ful resort.

There are plenty of restaurants and bars to visit to keep yourselves and your 15 year old amused and the beaches/sea is all wonderful!

Hope you find where you want to go!

Kate :)
Cala D'or is nice but access to some of the beaches is tricky and the area is very spread out.
Sa Coma has a lot to offer is a smaller area, my sister in law is there now!
It has been remarked on in the past that you avoid the Brittannia pub area as it can get a bit noisy!
Try this, there's a map too. http://www.aboutsacoma.com/
I would agree with Nicola that Cala Millor is a great choice. It is a very clean resort and I think there is a lot fo Germans there, but also Cala Bona is a really nice resort if you want a quiet resort but five or ten minutes walk and you are in Cala Millor which is a lot livelier, so you have the best of both worlds.

We stayed in Cala Bona last year and had a great time. There are loads of nice places to eat in both resorts. Cala Bona has a lovely harbour with some nice restaurants.

We have also stayed in Cala Millor and enjoyed it there, if we wanted a quiet night we went to Cala Bona.

Anne x
The brit pub area is not noisy but the brit pub disturbs people staying in sa coma platja apartments. Cala millor is only 2 mins in a taxi or 10 to 15 min walk from sa coma and s'illot is a 10 to 15 min walk in the other direction, makes sa coma a great base with 2 other resorts so nearby.
We are after booking our holiday for Summer 2006 and want to try a different part of the island. For the last two years we have stayed at the Sol Cala d'Or in surprise surprise Cala d'Or.

Both times we have had a fantastic time - the only fault we had with the Sol was that there was not a lot of room round the pool. Our two boys are football mad and missed not kicking a football round for two weeks. They tried the beach but they said that was far too hard work and too hot on the feet !!

Ideally what we are after is:

Somewhere not too far from Palma (but not Arenal, Palma Nova or Magalluf)

Good beaches

Lots of decent restaurants (preferably not all Red Lions and Queen Vics)

Self catering good sized apartment with air conditioning throughout

Apartment can be booked direct

Entertainment and activities for all the family (not Butlins/Pontins style)

Plenty of available sun loungers around the pool

Somewhere for the boys to play 5-a-side or to be able to have a kick about

I feel we are looking for the perfect holiday - are we expecting too much.

Any replies will be much appreciated as the sooner we can get it booked the more we can look forward to it.
I dont know if you can book this direct but we are going to the Lagotel in Alcudia and one of the main reasons I have booked this is because of the first choice soccer school for my boys, it will help them meet friends.
We are after booking our holiday for Summer 2006 and want to try a different part of the island. For the last two years we have stayed at the Sol Cala d'Or in surprise surprise Cala d'Or.

Both times we have had a fantastic time - the only fault we had with the Sol was that there was not a lot of room round the pool. Our two boys are football mad and missed not kicking a football round for two weeks. They tried the beach but they said that was far too hard work and too hot on the feet !! They will be 10 & 13 next year.

Ideally what we are after is:

Somewhere not too far from Palma (but not Arenal, Palma Nova or Magalluf)

Good beaches

Lots of decent restaurants (preferably not all Red Lions and Queen Vics)

Self catering good sized apartment with air conditioning throughout

Apartment can be booked direct

Entertainment and activities for all the family (not Butlins/Pontins style)

Plenty of available sun loungers around the pool

Somewhere for the boys to play 5-a-side or to be able to have a kick about

I feel we are looking for the perfect holiday - are we expecting too much ?

Any replies will be much appreciated as the sooner we can get it booked the more we can look forward to it.
Hi waterford, when are you going to Lagotel? We're staying there in September :D
Thanks for the detailed reply but unfortunately Turkey is a bit further away from Palma than I was wanting !!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.