Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
What a pity nobody has responded yet.
I will have a stab insomuch I will give you the little I know. Have visited Jeselo near Venice and for the most part it is very much the traditional beach type location, quite busy so not quite where you are looking for I think, the Tuscany region is similar but not quite as busy I found with far more Italians on holiday than I found in Jeselo.

Sorrento a very busy area I found, too many people in too small an area for me. Dramatic coastline for sure just find a location adjacent I would suggest.

I love Lake Garda, and yes while it is often seen as an old fogeys hangout their are lots of small traditional villages and hotels where you do get the real Italy I feel and the north end is a mecca for wind surfers, so not all old fogeys in that area. :D What better than to be sipping Bardolino wine in Bardolino eh ?. Some wonderful scenery and walks in Lake Garda area.

http://www.lagodigardamagazine.com/

I did spot in the Crystal brochure, Caorle up the coast from Jeselo, and has the look of more traditional Italian resort and may be a better bet if you wanted a beach holiday.

My son lives in Turin with his Italian wife and I have leaned over the years how wonderful the culture is. Don't be put off if a place is only 2 or 3 star as many are clean as a pin, family run and often have more Italians staying there than foreign tourists. Let me tell you that is always a good sign as Italians will not put up with a poor hotel in my experience. As always though do your research.

I do hope you find your ideal spot, if you have not been to Italy I think and hope you will have treat in store.

Oh, as for Easter all official buildings will be closed but you should be OK for restaurants and such and ATM's will be available, it will not be quite as busy but you should be OK as long as you are not too far off the beaten track.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.