General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Wanted to go to Zante to but was pricing up very expensive, so we are now booked to go to Crete, only 55weeks to go :rofl .
Amadores, Gran Canaria in August, family of 4 for 2 weeks AI - got a great price by booking early.
I am quite well organised Helen as I've been doing my research and although I haven't decided on the country yet, I have a shortlist of accomodation as follows-

Sea Breeze, AG Gordios, Corfu
Hiona apts, Elounda, crete
Continental palace, Kos town
Amphitriti, pefkos, rhodes
Dimitris, Pefkos, Rhodes.

I think it will be one of those unless we decide to go to Jamaica :rofl
either Skopelos OR if I cannot get anywhere in budget I think Thassos. I have been informed that 2013 is NOT going to be a Greek island (partners turn to pick in '13 as it will be his 40th) so have to make 2012 a good one!
We will probably go long haul - I think it's better value these days, can't decide between Cuba, Jamaica or St Lucia
In may we are going to Florida. August we are going to fly from Cyprus to Dubai then in December we're going to go to New York :)

CourtneeLouise xx
hi all.....going to be my 60th next year and want to take all my 4 sons , daughter in law and baby granson to celebrate Lago taurita AI in gran caneria....though had a few problems last time , its still one of the most suitable for all the family , if going for 2 weeks, and good price if booked early............... siesta's site SC in Calella de palafrugel on the costa brava, but coming out expensive for next year when I checked it out....the Marianthi SC in Pefkos on Rhodes is favorite but would only go for a week , great chill out and dine out holiday, but think 2 weeks would be too chilled out for the youngest and the baby who will be 2.....tweetie
Cannot decide between Thailand or Jamaica. Love them both :think
I fancy Arillas on Corfu but no don't my husband will decide somewhere else and then we will spend ages deciding where to go! If it was me who was paying I would just book it but I suppose he should have some say seeing as he has to pay for it ;)
Egypt - a dive liveaboard
Norway - a short tour round the fjords
Malta/Gozo - because we like it

Nothing booked at all...we are still in New ZEaland at the beginning of next year and are returning via Sydney and Hong Kong...

If I was to pick a new destination for a holiday, perhaps Goa or Cuba..or Mexico. Hankering more to go west than east.
Nothing definite and I wont sort owt out until 2012 actually arrives.
I fancy Arillas on Corfu but no don't my husband will decide somewhere else and then we will spend ages deciding where to go! If it was me who was paying I would just book it but I suppose he should have some say seeing as he has to pay for it

I'm very fortunate that hubby leaves it all up to me. He doesn't mind where we go because he's never been disappointed yet :)
If it was just the 2 of us it would have probably been Goa and maybe Egypt at the end of the year. Now the baby is coming it will have to be somewhere like Menorca- Calan Bosch or La Carihuela. I will still be on Maternity leave so it will depend on the bank balance.
Jamaica again - but Ocho Rios this time
Madeira
Menorca
Possibly cruise
funds permitting in december we are gonna book either

Royal carribbian cruise - 14 nts- all the caribbian...flying to new york then san juan
Marbella- half board- 14 nts
Fuengirola - hotel florida spa - 14 nts

All for august next year..

this year we are going ocotber 7th florida spa funegirola we go every year in aug but this year left it late..so im looking forward to that then atleast Ive only got a few months to book my 2012 holiday..
It will be Cuba again to celebrate my fella's 50th but we'll probably go further up north this time. And hopefully if I manage to get enough airmiles, a short break in New York.
Egypt in January and looking at Dalyan in Turkey for June plus somewhere (Greece) later in the year :tup
I fancy Corfu , got a few hotels/apts marked out , but the transfers are a bit off putting

Adonis+asonitis Apts ..Kalami
Afrodite Hotel............Roda
Teresa Hotel+Apts......San Stefanos
Paleo Inn Hotel .........Paleokastritsa
No longer short listed but booked... South Africa in February.
Rhodes in June, Seahouses in Augus and Orlando in October! :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.