Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
What about the Grand Porto Real right in Playa del Carmen. Lovely hotel, great rooms,right on the beach and around the corner from 5th Ave. We are off to it's sister hotel The Royal in 2 weeks - can't wait.

Denny
I shall post my views of the Riu Palace Mexico when we return early October.
I have stayed at Iberostar Paraiso Beach and Iberostar Quetzal/Tucan.

Would definately reccomend IB Quetzal/Tucan

Jungle area in hotel with wild monkeys, peacocks,flamingos etc
Mexican,tropical,Italian,Japanese and Steakhouse a la cartes plus two large buffets
Adults only pool bar
Large Swimming pool
Activites Pool

Only 5 min taxi ride from Playa Del Carmen (Paraiso beach/lindo etc are quite far away from town,takes ages to get there in traffic)
I've stayed at the IB* Del Mar, Lindo, Maya and Paraiso Grand (fantastic hotel but very pricey). Loved all of them but if I went back to Mexico, I would probably stay at the Tucan/Quetzal because of it's location near to Playa Del Carmen. Whilst we were staying at the Grand last year, we went to visit the Tucan for lunch and realised we really missed the 'jungle' setting. Fab hotel.
We did the Iberostar Lindo last year and had a fab time.
When we return, we'll probably try the Quetzal/Tucan as it's more reasonably priced and nearer town.
All the Iberostars get great reviews.
The Riu Palace hotels look lovely, but are probably a bit too expensive.
Have you considered the Riu Tequila. You can also use the facilities of its 2 sister hotels the Playacar and Yucatan. Had a bril holiday there a couple of years ago- take a look at the reviews on this website. It's also got great rates.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.