Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
steve-mcr,

BD Is The Operating Code For BMI Airline,
Their Baggage Guidance Can Be Found Here

It Is 2 Pieces Of Hold Luggage With A Maximum Total Weight Of 20kg's

Take A Look At Our NEW What Aircraft?Thread For More Info

Or Our BMI Thread

Gower
Hi I have just had the same letter from On the Beach, today and was wondering the same as you, so it is BMI then that we are flying on, the only thing is that when you look on the BMI site it does not state that they fly form Manchester to Dalaman so how can it be right. I had originally booked for the same flights as you with 20kg hold and 5kg hand luggage so I also wondser will this be the same. :que
It won't be on the BMI website as you are on a charter flight.
bmi (British Midland once upon a time) are a scheduled airline who operate a lot of routes as detailed on their website. They also operate charter routes when they have spare capacity with their aircraft. You will have booked a charter flight and the airline has simply changed from Thomson to bmi. Your luggage allowance and such will remain unchanged; as it is a charter flight it won't be the usual bmi terms and conditions, but the terms and conditions of the tour operator the flight is booked with.
Thanks a lot for all your help I am ok now, just did not understand when I looked at the site when it said that they do not fly to Dalaman, so now I know what chartered means as well, thanks again, karen :wave:
Thanks everyone. Just one last question I promise!

When I look at the terms and conditions of my tour operator (onthebeach.com) regarding baggage allowance it simply states that the allowance can vary greatly from airline to airline and to consult the booking conditions of the airline I'm flying with for the specific amount. Now this airline is BMI would this be the amounts that GowerL7 initially referred to?

Thanks
Just to let you know if you have booked with on the beach then the info they offer on baggage in very deliberatly sketchy. They didnt offer me to upgrade my baggage at the time I booked my holiday, after booking I enquired on the baggage allowance and was told 15kg with thomas cook, I asked why I wasnt offered to upgrade at time of booking and was told they dont offer that with thomas cook. I asked if I could upgrade and was told yes however I would have to pay £30 admin fees aswell as the £30 upgrade charge. I know this is slightly :offtop but just makeing the member aware of the misleading info on the beach provide on baggage to make more money out of you.

Steve
Thanks Steve. I'll need to look into this. I know when initially booking the flights I was not asked about the amount of baggage required and upon checking afterwards it said this was specific to the airline(s) we were flying with. Having checked on the web I found both Onur air and Thomson allowed 20kg per person for hold luggage. Now the Thomson flight has been changed to BMI I'm hoping the allowance hasn't been affected.

Think I'll contact onthebeach to make sure this is the case!

Cheers
Contacting them is a task in its self. They find it difficult to string a sentence together to respond to e-mails as they refuse to take phone calls. The e-mail responses are usually in as few words as possible usually a yes or no answer if your lucky. I really hate this companies customer service, they will never get my custom again.

Steve
salford_steve,

I'm surpirsed you find this! Whenever I have had to contact (admitedley about 2/3 years ago) I found them very helpful and co-operative.

Alasdair
I used them about 2 years ago aswell and had no probs, but this time have found them absolutly terrible. It's put me off useing them again completly. They take your booking then keep adding to it.

Steve
Hi, I e-mailed OTB yesterday and had a reply today I asked if the luggage allowance is the same that I booked and they said yes 20kg hold and 5kg hand. I call that a quick reply.
They reply quick enough for general questions, it's when you have a problem then they ignore you. You were lucky to have 20kg with your airlines we only had 15kg but were not offered an upgrade, we were then told after booking there system doesnt offer anou have upgrade at time of booking you have to this after wards, however this is classed as an amendmant therefor incurs admin fees of 30 quid. So cost us 60 quid to add 5kg of luggage each for both of us, when thomas cook only charge 15 each.

Steve
What is was, was that they phoned me up the day after I booked to say that the flights had gone up slightly (usually trick I know), and I was going to cancel but they said that they would upgrade me to 20kg if I decided to pay the extra for the flights. So I did and they sent me an email to confirm the upgrade.
All,

We Have A Thread For On The Beach Over On The Tour Operators Section, Juct Click The Link

Gower
Perrydog,

I e-mailed onthebeach on Thursday asking a similar question and am still awaiting a reply!

Realise this is getting off original topic but they do appear a bit hit and miss.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.