Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
i have to say DONT go to calis beach ,the beach is vile
we went on a daytrip to olu deniz last year and we were gutted that we didnt go there instead , lovley beaches
We've been to a lot of places in Turkey and the best beaches that we have found are on the Bodrum peninsular. There must be around seven or eight really lovely beaches to find and explore all within a thirty minute dolmus (bus) of each other. Not all the beaches there are lovely though, stay clear of Gumbet and Camel beach to name two.
Hi!

Beautiful sandy beaches at both Altinkum on the Aegean coast and Side on the Mediterranean coast, lovely scenic beach at Icmeler but a bit shingly.

Alistair
Both the beaches in Side are good. Looking out to sea from the sticky out bit the tourist beach is on your right while the locals prefer the beach on the left which is (much) less developed.

The tourist beach is a gentle slope into the water with very few rocks or stones. The only real hazard is elderly German ladies wearing thongs and going topless. Not a sight to look at just before lunch!
Olu Deniz and Dalyan the small beach away from tourist area.
ok,thanks for the replies it been a big help :D
I second Joan, Olu Deniz and Dalyan.
I like the beach in Altinkum, although during July/August you'll be squashed in like a sardine
It depends what sort of beach you are looking for. In terms of surrounding scenery, you cannot beat Olu Deniz and the lagoon area. Beautiful if a little packed in high season. However it isn't sandy. Mainly a fine shingle but sandy once in the water of the lagoon.

If it's a fine sandy beach you are after then there are two that stick out both as sandy and in beautiful surroundings; Patara and Dalyan. There is however a drawback with both in that accommodation is not at beach side but a short dolmus (Patara) or water taxi (Dalyan) ride away. Both are loggerhead turtle nesting sites and are therefore, protected.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.