Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
if you're looking for a villa then why restrict yourselves to one near a resort? why pay a fortune to get away from the crowds and then have them surrounding you every evening. try santa gertrudis or san jose, for example, for a bit of life without watney's red barrel!
I see a few apartments(rather than villas) advertised in Ibiza town itself. You would certainly have a good choice of restaurants and bars there..?

John
Hi

I think John's suggestion is good,I would love to stay in Ibiza town,from there you could catch a bus or boat taxi to just about anywhere ,at the moment we have a teenager to consider so have to be near a swimming pool so we go to an hotel but as soon as he prefers not to holiday with us I shall rent an apartment there.Tina.
Hi,

I have been reading a bit on Es Cana and that sounds good... Although we want a Villa we don't want to have to drive into a resort hence the reason we want to be near a resort... (But not San An) I would love to stay near Ibiza Town. I have stayed in San Jose before but that was still a long walk into San An... I think Ibiza town is the way to go.. also we can go to Formentera for the day.. I have been there before and it was great!

Thanks
Claire
what budget are you working to in your villa search?

sdii
Hmm.. Budget.. Just for the Villa would be about £2000 for 2 weeks?.. This is proving hard to find one though!! :(
i thought so. i'd set my sights lower if i were you, as a villa is way out of your budget.

sdII
Ibiza Town is a good base for a holiday on the island, but, to me, not if you want it quiet as you seem to suggest.

Can you provide more information, such as how many bedrooms you need and, when exactly you are thinking of going? This summer, for instance, will already be well booked up in any reasonably priced villa.

I would think that Santa Eulalia would be a good bet for you. It's the third largest town on the island, so has a good selection of restaurants and bars, is not too noisy / raucus, and is within easy reach of most other towns you might want to visit.

You can also get a catamaran direct to Formentera from there, although the beach at Ses Illetes is very busy by the time it gets there. An early ferry from Ibiza Town would be the only way to guarantee a bed on that beautiful beach, unless you want to book a table at one of the two, (fairly expensive), beach restaurants in advance. They both have reserved sunbeds and parasols for diners.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.