Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Have stayed in Skala which we liked, nice small centre with tavernas and bars, We stayed in smaall studios just few minutes from the centre. next door to a local family with their lemon trees overhanging. beach rather course sand. Only passed through Lassi but believe this is more purpose built. Usually go with Kosmar but didn't that time don't know of places with them.
Just looked at Kosmar brochure and do remember some of the apartments in Skala. Anna were right on the main street opposite a supermarket, not much privacy on balconies. Andreas right at the top of the main street up a bit of a bank, Michalis were on the same road as we stayed, really central also. Paspalis right over from the beach
Have been going to Kefalonia since 1989 we stay in Lixouri and really enjoy it, I would personally recommend Lassie to Skarla although our daughter and son in law are going to Skala in June for the first time but Lassie is near Agostoli where the bus station is and you have easy access to explore the Island by local transport very cheaply it's a beautiful Island with scenery out of this world and people the best. enjoy your holiday wherever you decide
pojo
Thanks all, Bejay was looking at Paspalis Hotel got some good reviews so might give that ago.
the transfer time is not that bad to skala really. skala has a better beach and is pleasant resort.

lassi on the other hand is better placed for getting around the island - dead easy to get to the main town argostoli and lots you can see around the south west by bus and you can get a 20 minute boat across to the lixouri peninsula from argostoli too. lassi is a much bigger resort / strip development and built entirely as a resort with a fairly busy long road that runs along it. lots of tourist restaurants and bars etc. beaches get absolutely packed out in the summer.

skala has an absolutely huge sandy beach - over a mile long so if you're willing to walk along a bit you can find a quiter patch even in high summer. it is a growing resort but has a real greek village at its heart and greek people still live there giving it a more pleasant authentic feel than lassi. there are some ancient ruins there like an old roman villa and the area is quite pleasant to explore though it is very difficult to get anywhere except argostoli on the bus. there are still plenty of restaurants bars etc

this is a prettu good appraisal of the 2 places so i guess it depends on what you're looking for in a holiday really. a good website to find out more and see lots of pics is friends of kefalonia - i am a member and always find it very useful
http://kefalonia.foi.org.uk
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.