Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
which resort?
6 Posts
While your waiting for members feedback have a browse through our resort reports for Bulgaria here http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/bulgaria/
If you want lively hols with plenty to do day or night then Sunny Beach is the place. It is a cheap resort compared to Albena,Golden Sands with a greater choice of hotels etc.
I personally wouldn't go AI in Bulgaria because most of the hotel food is only so,so and there is such a choice of very cheap restaurants to eat out in . Everything from Bulgarian to Chinese, Mexican even McDonalds ( expensive ) Go self catering or B&B.

Albena is a quiet resort where you can just chill away. Has a lot of AI hotels.
Golden Sands, quite lively, not as big as SB and is a hilly resort, whereas SB is all on the flat.

There is some crime in Bulgaria , same as everywhere else , children/female pickpockets, young men getting mugged on the beach late night/early morning by pretty young girls ot this years pet hate, the bike taxis ripping people off.

The majority of people back this year have not seen nor heard of any trouble and if you take simple precautions, as you would at home, then you should not be bothered. Have a look at these 2 forums as well as HT and you will see loads of positive comments.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g294451-i3250-Bulgaria.html

http://www.beachbulgaria.com/story/GENERAL+DISCUSSION/index.html

Hope this is of some help.

:sun2 Toonman
Have to agree with toonman and add that going by the prices we experienced in Ibiza last year you will find Bulgaria cheaper, even in the resorts. would also like to confirm that AI, unless you have about 3/4 children really is not worthwhile in Bulgaria, you will have a lot more choice eating out having said that, friends who booked a hotel that was AI found the price cheap enough to eat out on occasions and this seems to have been backed up by posters on this forum. Nels
Thanks for that, may go elsewhere if stick with the AI :tup

Kaz
Kaz, we've been going to Bulgaria for about 10 years now (not every year, though!), and have done B&B, HB & AI, and to be honest, we find AI to be a convenience more than anything else; we still go out to eat, just not every night, and there is no doubt that we save during the day on the endless drinks & snacks that pre-teens & teenagers seem to need :rofl
Have to say we haven't done AI in Sunny Beach, but can heartily recommend Albena (we stayed at the Ralitsa, book the 4* option if you're going). Going out again on Sunday for 2 weeks AI in Nessebar, a place I love.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.