Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi Molliemoo

Do we have all the hotels you're considering in the reviews? Let me know if not and I'll ask admin to add them :wink:

Pippy :D
Hi Pippy,

yes thanks, they're all there. It was reading them all thats confused me!!! I think I'm set on the Yucatan, just indecisive :roll:

Happy choosing! :lol:
if you choose yucatan or tequila you can use facilities at both, personally i prefered the tequila just had more going on, but Yucatan probably bettered suited for weddings ie pictures etc and is closer to the beach. Roll on Febuary and my strawberry Daquiries :twisted:
Hi NeilTheBeaver 8)

thanks, I had another look at the Tequila and to be honest for me it does slightly pip the Yucatan for what we would like, but as you say, maybe we can stay at the yucatan for the wedding and use some of the Tequila's facilities. Can Yucatan guests use the activities t the Tequila i.e the salsa classes?? 8)
Hi molliemoo
We were married at the Yucatan in March 2005 and really enjoyed it. You can use the facilities of the other Riu hotels apart from evening meal I think but we also saw salsa classes at the yucatan. Hope this helps and congratulation on a great choice of getting married in Mexico.
Tabby.
Hi Tabby 8)

thanks for your reply. It does sound really good. Where does the ceremony actually take place at the Yucatan?
If you stay in the Rui Yucatan, you cannot use the facilities at the Rui Palace. I have stayed in the Rui Palace, and have looked in all the others. I must be honest and say i did not think too much of the Yucatan, the guests at the Palace have their welcome meeting there. I know its down too cost but the Rui Palace is like comparing the premier league, and the others would be the conference, there is really that much difference.
Hiya 8)

Thanks for you comments but when you recommend the Riu Palace, which one is that? The Palace Mexico or Palace Riviera Maya? Could stretch budget to one but not the other :roll:
Hi,
We were given a choice of venue when we met the wedding planner. You could get married on the beach, in the grounds or if it rained an inside room. We chose the beach and found this to be best for us.
We could not use the facilities at the Palace (apart from when we met the wedding planner and we had the blood tests done there as well) but you can use the Tequila, Playacar and Lupita.
Hope this helps.
Tabby.
The Rui Palace Playcar, about 200 yards from the Yucatan.
Thanks to you both - very helpful :P
Im sure you will have a great time, i dont want to come across as being negative about the Yucatan, it is only because i am comparing it too the Palace, which also costs a lot more.
Hi 8)

don't worry. The reason I asked the question was to weigh up the pros and cons. The Palace does get the better reviews overall, yes a little more expensive but not excessively so, after all it's a very special occasion, not your average two weeks abroad. We are going for 3 weeks, and we have to make the most appropraite decision for the money we spend. So thank you, your opinion counts :P
If you book the Rui Palace, there is no need to worry about what it is like when you get there, i can tell you it is superb, have you looked at the pictures and the video of the hotel.
Hi 8)

I have looked and think it looks fantastic, but to me they all do!! There are some good pics on Rusty's Unofficial Riu site. Looking through the Thomson brochure though, the Palace doesn't get the 'perks' like extra luggage, priority check in and priority drop off. We are trying nowm, to weigh up whether we need the perks against standards of enjoyment and comfort when there :roll:
HI.
My choice would be the Tequila after holidaying there in August and making use of the facilities on offer at the Yucatan and the Playacar. We were also priveleged to be guests at the Palace for an evening and although it was a nice experience would definitely not choose to stay here for 2 weeks. The Tequila was not so "formal" and the shows at the Palace started later and didn't last as long. We also found the animacion team to be much better at the Tequila. If I was getting married I'd choose to be married on the beach at the Yucatan and stay at the Tequila, but that's just my opinion.
Hi Shirley h 8)

thank you for your advice. I have considered the Tequila, but have to rule it out as the kids (12 & 4) want to be right on the beach. But I'm interested in your opinion on the Palace. Bearing in mind that we have 2 youngsters, do you think the Palace would be too formal?

thanks in advance
The palace would not be too formal, i used to wear a nice pair of jeans and a shirt at night, and i wasnt out of place, i would say in the other places you will also have to something long, not shorts.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.