Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
look forward to seeing any replies you get Debi as i arrive on boxing day and i too was wondering whats the best place to be on New years eve. Usually got my butt perched in Ganesh shack in March/April but never been at this time of the year.
Billy
Everyone has their favorite shack for during the day but the whole atmosphere is different at night, its so alive and warm!!! and fireworks :wow

we usually eat early (not in a shack NYE) then mooch along the shore the best one last year (my opinion) was the one 1st on left at the end of the beach road we had a wicked time dancing and music to the early hours. :pele

Dare say thats where we will be heading this time. :glynis

You'll find somewhere and have an amazing time. jan x :wave:
Was in Calangute last year for Xmas & New Year and spent both at the Sea Pearl on Calangute beach. They always have good food and will also do a nice lobster for you if you order the day before.

Had been many times before but never at this time of year and found it to be far too busy and overcrowded with drunken Indians. :cheers

Just remember it will be extremely busy on the roads and don't even consider trying to get a taxi anywhere on Xmas or New Years eve as you will just be stuck in traffic for hours. :yikes
try going down the beach rd at candolim to claudinas its a superb night and your right next to a huge beach disco at 1 of the other shacks theres usually lots of fireworks and rope walkers etc etc
theres literally thousands of people who flock past onto the beach
Thanx but if were staying in Calangute wont it be a bit of a hike without a taxi :que
Most people have said don't bother with Taxis on NYE as they dont move for ages, now I am confused :que To Taxi or not to Taxi that is the quetion :rofl :rofl
jolly jacks end of beech rd on the right quality toilets always swings it for me.but joking aside.lovely family run place
you are so right the toilets are important, some of them are :yikes
:yikes

I have to agree with that they are scary :really

Pip
x
Hi Debgreg

Most of them are good on NYE but if i were you i would get a taxi to Candolim and go down Candolim beach road to the bottom and turn right then pick which one you fancy, Calangute and Baga is full of drunken indians, if you get a taxi out of Calangute you will be fine the problem is going the other way but if you are going back about 1 ish or after you will be fine, if you wish to meet up let me know and i will find out what shacks are doing what and we can PM each other. I think there will be a few from HT down on the beach.

Mike and Carol
Thanx Mike will do, I had just heard about getting stuck in traffic, don't want the kids around drunken Indians better around drunken British :rofl :rofl :cheers
:think

I think we may head towards there to as last yr we where on baga and it was a night mare could not move and to get to the loos was a night mare o/h was gone half an hr any other time would be a couple of mins.
So Mike if you could find out anything then that would be great. Did you find out about costs on xmas day ???

Pip
x

Ps Poor Mike gets all the good jobs dont he :que
im staying in Calangute too Deb but will be heading to Candolim for the 'bells'. I will be going down by Ganesh shack at the far end and just take it from there. Its quieter along there during the day but dont know about nighttime yet. I walk along the beach in the mornings to Ganesh shack. Its a nice walk from Holiday Road in Calangute .Takes about 45 mins but whats time when your in Goa :sun2 :cheers I will be asking my usual Taxi driver Dinesh about best way to get there on that particular night. Hes a sound guy.
We had a great time New Years Eve, 3 years ago at the Ganesh shack, it's a good area to be to watch the fireworks from the Taj hotel.
x lassi
Thanx everyone Candolim it is :tup we arrive on the 29th (early hours) so we will do a recky before the night to sort something out. My son is already warning his dad no Honybee this time as last time he was talking to the telly for an hour when we got back to the hotel, scary thing was he thought it was talking back:rofl :rofl :rofl
:rofl :rofl
i have heard that kingfisher contains a lot of glycerine,can anyone confirm this...

adele :)
i have heard that kingfisher contains a lot of glycerine,can anyone confirm this...

It used to not sure if it still does as I gave up drinking it got rather bad hangovers from just a couple of bottles.

I did get tip once and it seemed to work although got a few strange looks..... get a glass of water and put your thumb over the full opened bottle turn the bottle upside down and immerse in the water then remove your thumb. The glycerine is supposed flow down the bottle and out into the water, then cover back up with your thumb and remove from the water and enjoy!!! Got a bit too much hassle after a few so switched my drink to breezers!!
Hi Adele

Try the Budwiesers they are less hassle and the same price in most places.

Mike
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.