Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
well, I have just come back from 2 weeks there, the first week (arrived Fri 26th May) was stunning, blue skies, hot suring day (up to 33 c) and nice and cool at night. The second week brought one or tow overcast days and there were thunderstorms some miles away from the island, you never heard anything but were treated to lovely evening light shows. The wind picked up a bit towards end of second week but sun still shining and weather hot enough to swim in the sea.

No complaints from us

As for weather sites, I check yahoo, bbc and metcheck and none of them gave accurate or even nearly accurate predicitons, either in temperature or rain.

I asked a friend who lives there how they predict the weather, well its all about the smell, and the sunset, and rings around the moon :shock: :shock: and she was right every time

i say just go there and dont worry your not going to be disappointed
Hi Sallybear, thanks for that. I will enjoy whatever cos I love it there. (Our 3rd year of going)! Glad you had a great time. In the evenings I will have to sit in the bars seeing how many rings around the moon there are (mind you that could also depend on how many Mythos' I've had!) :glynis Where did you stay? We are in the Bourtzi again. cheers Jan
In brief, none of them! I always try Weather.com, which seems slightly less inaccurate than the others. It also has a Canon tag to print out the single page of 10 days forecast which you can take with you.
Enjoy it anyway. We always do. There is not a lot of weather in the taverna.

Richard.
I'm keeping an eye on http://www.weather.co.uk for my son as he's off to Kavos on Monday. When hubby and I went to Corfu at the start of last month the 10 day, long range forecast they gave was dead on. Beautiful every day apart from rain on the Thursday morning (which I was expecting). So far it's looking good for my son as high temps are predicted up until the Thursday. It will show the Friday tomorrow.
My friend is holidaying on the Greek mainland at the moment, this is his second week. The weather has been mixed, a couple of thunderstorms, rained all day yesterday, and quite cool in the evenings. :cry: On a brighter note, it was hot today :D
Hi Jan, oooh the Bourtzi, we stayed there last year, it has had a bit of a face lift int he courtyard around the pool and bar area, Dimitris has been off doing his national service so with his extra muscles is even more delicious to look at :-)

I popped up there to say hi with my daughter as she loved the place so much last time.

We stayed at a friends house this time so a little different than a hotel, but I cant complain, it was a fantastic place, felt like a home from home, a bit of paradise If i might say so :-)
weather com forecasts always correct 80-90%
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.