Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Can't guarantee Cala Longa, but I've been on the Island when the weather around Playa den Bossa in the morning has been like Cornwall in winter, but have driven across to Portinax where it was glorious - no wind or rain - sunbathing as usual.

It does seem that it can be very localised depending where the wind is coming from.

I never bother with the forcasts anyway - it always seems a bit of a generalisation!

50% chance of rain - that means it either is going to rain - or it isn't :lol:
yes - you're right. I guess there's no point worrying - nothing we can do about it anyway :roll:

Im taking my sunglasses and cream anyway and keeping fingers crossed 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol:
Kizziex
just checked with reception here in es cana and they're saying the weather is going to be better than it is now, and its boiling! its showing as a 25% risk of rain for 3 days next week but the guy on reception says it'll change again to a lower chance of rain.

we've been here 5 days and i can't believe how much i've coloured
we are arriving at 3 on sun morn, to what i hope wil be lots of lovely sunshine!!?!! 8) we're stayin at the aparthotel atlantic, starting to get excited now-just got the cases out! :D SO glad to hear the risk of rain isnt that much, couldnt believe when i saw the forecast!! fingers crossed it bypasses es cana! :lol: :lol:
Med weather tends to be much different to UK weather anyway with its behaviour.

I've sat on a stary night in Ibiza and watched a thunderstorm off in the med which never makes land. I've seen it raining on one side of the street and not on the other. I've seen it rain mud and sand. I've seen rain pour too hard it hurts one minute and ten minutes later you are sunbathing on the beach. The rain is very rarely pesistant and thats if it makes land, which it often doesn't. In Ibiza you are far more likely to get a short sharp shower than the sort of contininous drizzly rain we get here.

Its not always a bad thing either, if it gets really sticky a thunderstorm can do a good job of making it more comfortable.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.