Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
you can do that with daytrippers
http://www.daytrippergoa.com/dandeli.html

Friends who did this trip had a poor time, downside was no rafting due to the electronic sluice gates being struck by lightening - so no rapids to ride.
The trip also included some deep caves, but this also couldn't be done due to them being flooded, this was in the last week of March, when the coastal resorts were roasting in 42c heat
Don't let this put you off, it seems it was just a one off and Daytripper refunded the money they paid (or a good part of it) with no problems.
Looks fun though...
I'd like to hear if anyone had any positive experiences doing this...? As I'm quite interested too!

L
My friends booked this after talking to a group in our shack, who did the trip the week before.
They had no problems with weather (if only colder in the hills) and all events possible in the trip went without any hic-ups.
Just seems like a one off nightmare trip...
I really like the sound of it!!
Hello All.Just done the white water rafting with daytrippers it was fantastic.Its in DANDELLI. Karnataka. It cost 69 pd each you sleep in tents plus you have a coracle trip down the river.Then its a safari, your meals are all included but you pay for alcohol.You must do this trip its worth every penny.
The bus ride is terrifying round the bends up the mountain roads thats a white knuckle ride in it self.
We saw a goods truck go over the hillside down a 500 ft drop.
Driver probably killed.
Hi Guys
Daytrippers only do this trip on a Tuesday, and as we are there over xmas and NewYear, (Tuesdays) it may be a tough time to get up early for the coach/bus. Does anyone know about other companies doing this trip on another day?
Gaz
Ive been looking at this trip myself, you can book directs its a goverment run place there is a web site if you do a google search for Dandeli, (sorry cant remember the full address). The only problem I can see by doing this is transport! but they do loads of other activities as well and you can stay in tree houses. We were thinking about saving this until March and go with our friends as we thought there son would enjoy it, but after reading the posts above we might go on our own on this trip.
Done the trip twice, so would recommend it.Be prepared for a long & hair-raising bus trip though.Take a fleece as it gets cold up in the mountains at night & early morning game drive, dont build your hopes up on seeing any animals though.You will see plenty of crocs when paddling down the river in the coracle.If your missus doesnt like the sound of the white water rafting they do an alternative village visit.Dont worry about falling in the river during the rafting as the waters very warm.Wouldnt recommend falling in during the croc trip though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.