Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I'm not sure what we are doing. I really want to go back to Turkey, we have friends who have an apartment in Gumusluk and I am hoping we will go there but my husband would like to try somewhere else. I think because he lived and worked in Turkey all his life until 3 years ago he feels he is missing out by not trying somewhere new. We will have to see....
After seeing the rate of the pound against the Euro there is only 1 place for me.Turkey!Hopefully in March,May and October. :sun2
Boroboy, I'm in the opposite situation to you. After going Greece for the last 5 or 6 years my missus wanted a change so we're trying Turkey next year. Hope we'll enjoy it as much as Greece. We were in Zante last year and although its not my favourite of the Greek Islands we had a fantastic time. Sure you will to.
looks like ill be giving turkey a miss next year, going to tunisia in april for a week and then 10 of us are off to egypt in sept for 2 weeks, im secretly hoping that a cheap deal comes up in july and i can get away for a week with my daughter heres hoping any way.
Don't think we will be going back. My mum was hospitalised after getting a drink spiked in a bar near hotel and she had a fall on the floor which caused her to black out and cut an artery in her head. The hospital confirmed it. And it was the only alcoholic drink she had all day.
perfume
We was in marmaris last month and got talking to a couple from Wales. He was tee-total and his OH would like a glass of wine with her meal, or a voddy and coke when the belly / break dancers showed up after 10pm.
This was the third time we bumped into them during our week and even WE knew they did not drink much.
Anyway she thought she was spiked the night before ,1 small glass of cheap Turkish wine later she said she was "OUT OF IT" and it did not feel like being drunk, more like a black out feeling.
It could be many reasons for her to feel like this , and after a long discussion we all thought it was just not possible that 1 small glass of wine would make someone feel that way, to this day something like that makes you wonder????? :que ( or was it just the cheap Turkish wine) We dont think it was, nor did she.
Hope your mum is OK now .

Gink and family :cheers
:tup

hi all,
been to turkey about 10 times,marmaris,altinkum & icmeler.decided on a change for 2009.
we are going greek. been to aegina,corfu & zante,so we have booked for kefalonia which will be a first for us. just hope the euro perks up. never mind i am sure we will enjoy ourselves.

hope everyone has a good holiday.
regards.
percy123 :sun2
I got a quote for Turkey cannot remember it now but was cheap..But other half
got her way http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/posting.php?mode=reply&f=28&t=127933# So
if we don't enjoy it ,I can blame the wife..
We were booked to go on a cruise and stay from Majorca after going to Turkey the last six years for our main holiday. Everytime we talked about holidays we always said how much we enjoy Turkey and thought hang on,what are we doing? We changed our holiday back to Icmeler in August and can't wait.
Marg
we are going to florida this year, lets hope the pound /dollar improves. Will proberly go back to turkey :cheers 2010.
oldtrafford wrote:
we are going to florida this year, lets hope the pound /dollar improves. Will proberly go back to turkey :cheers 2010.

Snap :) same here, although not booked yet. Looking at a week on the gulf and a couple in Orlando, or maybe a few days in New York, then the Gulf Coast and bit less in Orlando. See you on the America thread. ;)

Maybe Turkey in 2010, but DH wants a villa in the Algarve so could have a fight on my hands LOL.

Bring back that dollar recovery, been 4 times and I always go the year after its been good. :duh
Off to Lanzarote for a cheap and cheerful week in late March as a friend has a cracking villa in Costa Teguise that he has offered us and we will be fed up with the Great British Winter by then. However, it won't be the same if we don't go "home" at least once a year so it will be 2 weeks in Marmaris in September for my 40th with some friends that we met out there years ago

:cheers
I have had 3 fantastic holidays in Turkey and will be back ! But my love for the Greek Islands is strong and I will be off to Kefalonia next year . Hope Sterling improves against the Euro soon :rofl
Lally
lallygirl wrote:
I have had 3 fantastic holidays in Turkey and will be back ! But my love for the Greek Islands is strong and I will be off to Kefalonia next year . Hope Sterling improves against the Euro soon :rofl
Lally

About the same chance as me hoping for a Dollar recovery Lally :rofl
We are going next year but I do think the following year I fancy a change . whether im brave enough to do something completely different remains to be seen and I may chicken out and go for our 2nd favourite Egypt.

what I would really like to do is a two centre in Italy but think it would probably be too hot over the summer holidays
Hi Lyn :wave:

I work with a guy from Rome and one of his big tips for sightseeing there is to go in August as apparently all the Romans go to either hotels on the coast or their villas in Tuscany/Umbria, so it's not as packed as one would think. Might be worth tacking on to the end or begining of a break if you haven't been.

Sorrento and Sardinia are both lovely. Weather was beautiful when I went, not that sapping kind of heat you get in Turkey & Greece in July and August that takes your energy away, still lovely and hot though, you get a better tan as you can actually sunbathe without spending from 11 till 3 under a parasol, and site seeing is more bearable (kind of ;) )
hi there
we usually go to icmeler for 2 weeks in july or september but my oldest daughter has got her gcses next year so she doesnt want to take any time off school and until we win the lottery theres no way im paying an extra £500 just to go in the holidays....but the good thing is its my husbands 40th in january so me and him are going to goa by ourselves.....bliss

angie xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.