DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
Hi, we booked a hotel in palma with them and it all was fine, no problems, you print out the voucher they e.mail you and take that with you.
Hi

we have had a few hols booked through them and they are really good in fact after the first booking they give you 5% off all future booking

Jeanie
I have booked with them for Majorca in October at a really good price, nice to know that people have used them with no probs. hey do seem cheaper than a lot of other companies.
have used them twice for ibiza and majorca and had no problems..good service :P
Thanks for your replies, glad to hear there have been no problems with this Company and yes they do appear to be cheaper than their competitors!
Another vote for wintersunshineholidays.com. We used them twice last year, with no problem at all. Definitely recommended.
Wendy
I sometimes find http://www.alpharooms.com a little cheaper. If you haven't done so it might be worth doing a price comparison.
I booked a holiday with Winter Sunshine Holidays in Benidorm with the Amigo group. flights seperately with Easyjet and private transfers with Almedas from Alicante everything was ok. flights on time, Almedas spot on with smartly dressed drivers. Hotel Cristal Park ok
I agree with glynis alpharooms are usually cheaper than wintersunshine.I have used alpharooms many times over the last 2 years without any problems at all.
I had nothing but trouble with Alpharooms, no room when I got there, and no replies from telephone calls to them, despite them telling me they would investigate and report back. :evil:
Their website is great for taking money off you, but customer service ????.
I used wintersunshineholidays in december and they were brilliant 10/10, highly recommended.

Best of luck (especially if you book with Alpharooms) :roll: :roll: :roll:

Robby :wink:
We used wintersunshine holidays last year. They wern't the cheapest when we did the search but the site which was advertised as being the cheapest did not have any kind of bond or protection like wintersunshine do so I phoned up wintersunshine and they were extremely helpful and actually beat the other site's price by £50.00.

So I booked it over the phone with them and as others have said there were no problems whatsoever. I will definitely be booking with them again and looking for my 5% discount!

Just a few weeks after we made the booking the other site went bust!!!
I think it depends on where you are booking, I compared wintersunshine to alpharooms when i booked last year and wintershunshine came out cheaper for me. Prices seem to change everytime you look at the site, perhaps its like easy jet and prices depending on supply and demand :?
Lukey, I think the price changes may have something to do with the Euro exchange rates. I noticed that they changed, but only a pound or so, per room per night, when I booked last year.
I may be wrong, I've been wrong before :roll: :twisted:

PS: If anyone from Alpharooms is looking in, I still haven't received my reply yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, still I only rang you on the 24th of February 2005, maybe still time yet. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I've travelled with both Alpha and Winter Sunshine, and must say they are both very good. Used to use Medhotels, but now they've gone lastminute.com, I refuse to use them (too big and comercial, no customer service at all!)

Out of personal preferance I use Winter Sunshine Holidays whenever possible because...

a) Very friendly travel operators, they sound like they know what they are talking about.

b) They have what looks like a good alternative to an ABTA bond (at least they make an attempt to protect our hard earned, unlike others!!! - most other sites only seem to offer protection of your card details over the web FFS).

c) OK prices are a mixed bag, sometimes cheaper on other sites, but after they put my 5% discount on for using them again that usually knocks the snot out of anything else I've found. My only gripe is you can't get the discount by booking online, you have to ring up... which after emailing them about, I hear is actually going to be available shortly anyway w00t \o/ :)
My vote goes to Winter Sunshine Holidays, no question.

Hope that helps you decide mate.

Jazz
My vote goes to Winter Sunshine Holidays, no question

I'll second that, but I am biased, simply because of customer service of Alpharooms, they just don't seem to care at all. :evil:

Yoo Hoo Alpharooms - still waiting :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
and no doubt I will wait and wait.

hi just a quick one has anyone had any problems contacting winter sunshine holidays,, we booked a holiday to Tenerife in January and paid i deposit we have tried to phone them this week to pay the balance but keep getting answering machine :cry:
Hi Sandra ... have you tried this page for any alternative contact details:

http://www.wintersunshineholidays.com/sites/WSH/contact.htm

David :wave
yes thanks david tried that number just keep getting answer machine just have to wait to see if they contact me i suppose as i have left message and phone number, have e-mailed them as well :!:
thanks anyway
We booked our apartment last year in Benidorn with Spanish travel agent Viajes Alameda and got excellent price and service using them again this year. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.