DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
any body heard anything yet ? or had any correspondance back ? I have not had any replies from credit card or trust fund administrator, maybe i'm being too impatient :banghead:
My Mastercard has been credited with my £168 deposit as of yesterday; this from the card company, not the administrators, of course. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting. :tup
I today received the information details regarding WSH liquidation meeting.Myself and 28 other parties are listed as being creditors for the the sum of 0.00.I had a coversation today today with John Allen.He said the reason I have 0.00 next to my name is that I paid in full by debit card and I would be fully reimbursed.On further scrutiny of the creditors list.I found that the last 3 entries also had 0.00 against their names.The last 3 people are the former company directors.Is anyone else in same situation as me.As I don't believe what I was told during telephone conversation was correct
When is the liquidation meeting? I should have a letter but I'm away at the moment so can't check.

What does the list add up to as a matter of interest? A lot?

Any really big creditors on there?
A Visa debit card offers significantly better protection for shoppers. Their scheme is called Visa Debit Chargeback and any bank that issues a Visa debit card has to comply with the scheme.

You can claim money back if the goods you buy are damaged, or the product or services are not delivered.

There is no limit on what you can claim. But you have to claim within 120 days of the date you expected the goods to be delivered or the firm going bust.

The
members include Nationwide, Barclays, Halifax, and Lloyds TSB.I have just phoned Barclays,they are sending claim forms out.
Meeting was held 29th Jan 2009.Details of meeting and creditors posted to all creditors
we were in the Sol Principe 6th to 16th of Jan. Manager told me that wintersunshineholidays had not paid the bill so I had to do so (583.40 euros. )When we got home we found that the firm was in administration. I had paid by Visa debit card and decided to call into my local branch of Lloyds TSB to see if they could help. The young lady could not have been more helpful, she rang the Visa company and sorted it out immediately. I have sent off the receipts from the hotel and am expecting a full refund. This can take up to 3 months owing to the thousands of people in the same boat. So don`t despair if you are told that there is no recourse for those who pay by debit card, go to your bank.
Dear All

I had the papers today from the liquidator, I am £78 out of pocket and paid by Visa Debit card. I have written a letter asking for Chargeback to take effect. I understand there is no legal right for them to refund the money but I am trying.

The papers do not make good reading the say as a unsecured creitor the is no chance of any payment appears the bank is my only chance.

Is it worth even sending the forms back to adminstrators!!

Thanks for all have taken the time to add to the subjuct.

I am still sore that the deposit was not safe only the balance.

*** Just got back from Florida, Nationwide paid £78 into my account. But I did get a letter to say they were contacting the merchant bank to see if my complaint was valid!!. I did send all the letters from the administrators. Has anyone else had a letter like this. Nationwide go on to say if they are not happy they will claim the £78 back. ***
ive contacted Lloyds TSB disbutes department , they seem to think i hve a chance of getting my £108 back.
Great news , TSB gave me a full refund today for the £108 deposit i paid with my visa debit card .

i`m well chuffed :)
My mum has got her money bak too from TSB debit card :)
No wonder the banks are struggling if they have to carry the cost of all these business failures.

The liqudators circular did confirm that WSH lost their bank facility but only after the company made a whopping £300,000 loss on the fall in the Pound against the Euro. They just couldn't have recovered from that. When taking bookings in pounds and incuring forward (hotel) costs in Euros then any competent business would eliminate their currency risk by taking out forward contracts that match bookings.

Although I'm no big fan of banks I do think it's wrong that due to the law governing credit cards they have to cover all the losses. No wonder they have to act so swiftly to pull facilities from failing companies.

Anyway, it's great we're all getting our cash back. For once it's a big thank-you to the banks! :tup
Just had a reply off Barclays which states I should claim off ABTA as according to paperwork I sent WSH TRAVEL was abta bonded.Explained to them over the phone.That none of the paperwork I sent stated this(I have checked )I also informed them ABTA does not cover accommodation only.I was then asked to write a letter stating this.I told them to look at invoice I sent them (BARCLAYS).It stipulates accommodation only.Waiting for a ring back at the moment.So dont praise the banks yet
my credit card company have paid out and less than the £100 minimum most people have quoted on their credit card terms and conditions. :tup
WSH certainly were not ABTA bonded, I would ask barclays why they are not as good as their competitors at giving assistance to their customers when they are in need. :cry
On 13 Feb, bowlesbargain wrote:
Dear All

I had the papers today from the liquidator, I am £78 out of pocket and paid by Visa Debit card. I have written a letter asking for Chargeback to take effect. I understand there is no legal right for them to refund the money but I am trying.

The papers do not make good reading the say as a unsecured creitor the is no chance of any payment appears the bank is my only chance.

Is it worth even sending the forms back to adminstrators!!

Thanks for all have taken the time to add to the subjuct.

I am still sore that the deposit was not safe only the balance.

17th March 2009

*** Just got back from Florida, Nationwide paid £78 into my account. But I did get a letter to say they were contacting the merchant bank to see if my complaint was valid!!. I did send all the letters from the administrators. Has anyone else had a letter like this. Nationwide go on to say if they are not happy they will claim the £78 back. ***
I went into my branch of Lloydstsb when I returned from Spain after having to pay £540.34 to stay in the Sol Principe in Torremolinos.This was on Jan 18th. They sent copies of all docs, receipts from hotel etc. to Visa card co.
and today my account was credited with the full amount. There is a proviso that if the Administrator also pays me Visa will take the payment back. I notified the Administrator prior to visiting my bank but have not heard a word from them. All in all, I`m well satified with the outcome, I didn`t really expect to get anything back as I didn`t use a Credit card. And I know of people who used Credit cards when XL airline went down who still are waiting for their money.
17th March 2009

When I got done on ebay, Nationwide paid me back and I got the same letter, but they never claimed it back. Think that is sort of a standard letter now. Karen
Happy to report Mabe Allen LLP, the Accountants appointed by the receivers have started posting refund cheques out minus the deposit, about 3 mths from the going under is not to bad.
Hope everyone else has the same success. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.