DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
Just back from the Cristal Park in Benidorm and no problems at all, looking to book for costa del sol in oct and wintersunshine seem to be the cheapest again so I will defiately be using them again.
Back from Benidorm yesterday and everything went smoother than on a package holiday.

There were no problems checking in at the hotel and wintersunshine holidays customer service is excellent.

I will definately be booking with them again

Michelle :D
I booked with wintersunshine holidays last year and had noproblems at all. I have booked again for next year and received a 5% discount as previously mentioned. It is a little daunting turning up at the hotel with a voucher that you have printed off from your computer but thast is how they keep the prices down. I found wintersunshine holidays a little cheaper than alpha rooms for the same accommodation.
Has anybody had any recent dealings with them as I am about to book
I only booked about 8 weeks ago for the Flamingo Oasis next year.

Sue
I am going in October to Majorca with them, hoping everything will be okay.
Used them last year with no problems and was looking forward to to using them again this year especially with the loyalty discount. However the hotel we chose this year showed on their website as two different prices for standard room and air conditioned room. Other sites were showing as air conditioned only and I also emailed the hotel direct who confirmed that all their rooms had air conditioning. When I phoned Wintersunshine I was most disappointed at their attitude which was "well that's our prices and if you want air conditioning then you will have to pay the higher price, take it or leave it." The company I did book with went to the bother of double checking with the hotel and then guaranteed an air conditioned room. Also their price was cheaper than WSH 's standard price. As I say disappointed with the standard of customer service from WSH especially as a returning customer.
I was going to use WSH for booking a hotel in Majorca for Feb 2006, the rate was advertised with the hotel for the dates that I wanted, when I went through the booking process, the hotel was unavailable.

I'm not too keen on the website layout, and in general, I find that Medhotels/Holidayhotels offer cheaper rates for accommodation.

There are alot of positive reviews about WSH. I would be willing to book with them but only if the price is right. I do like the idea of the loyalty scheme.
blueblazer, sorry to hear of your recent dealing with WSH, although you say you've travelled with them before... does the good outweigh the bad?

I agree their prices seem to be a little higher of late compared to other sites, so I've started to look around, but to be honest I've always gone back to them because of their good reputation, good customer service and loyalty discount program.

I have used Alpharooms on many occassions as well, but after seeing that big thread posted buy the guy that was threaten by them, I have steered clear :S

Shrimper, I think if your looking for a blessing on Winter Sunshine Holidays, you just need to start from the beginning of this thread (it's certainly the most comprehsive one on them I've seen) and count each poster, creating a good vs bad total.

They've certainly got my vote!

Let us know how your next dealings go with them blueblazer.

Cheers

Jazz.
We,re of on the 24th to Benidorm. Booked through WSH for the first time. Booking has went well. The last twice we have booked with Viajes Alameda and everything was spot on, couldn,t get the apartment wanted this trip so have tried WSH. They seem to have good prices and as Jazzman has said the good reports outweigh the negative.

Alexa :D
Nice Alexa, not long to go now, bet you can't wait :D
Which apartments are you staying in?

Jazz.
Hi Jazz, We,re staying at the Torre San Dieogo in Calle Gerona. We wanted a 2 bedroom no fighting over the sofa :lol: WSH didn,t have a lot of info on them but found them on Benidorm Spotlight. There quite new so not a lot of feedback as yet. Will post here on my return .

:D Alexa

17 days and counting :fly
I have booked several times with WSH and find appling for the loyalty bonus fiddly, I recently found Travel Republic whose prices are better and who offer a discount to you your family and friends after the initial booking, this is easy to get without having to telephone. I go in a fortnight with WSH to Mallorca and with Travel Republic in February after comparing prices TR were £20 cheaper.
I've just priced a 4 star hotel in salou for 11 nights next july for 3 adults and one child and with Travel Republic it's £878.54 and WSH it's £838.82, £40 cheaper!
Jules,

Is that with or without your loyalty discount? ;)
davidnewman9, Travel Republic seems like a nice site. Although I recognise that engine. Are they selling on behalf of a larger operator?

Jazz
No thats without the loyalty discount so it would be even cheaper!
Hi Jules, re Travel Republic

Yes I think they are selling for a main supplier, but I think that it is the same source as WSH.

Try putting Sumstar in the promotions box on the website and see if there is a difference in price then.
WSH with no Loyalty bonus £433.00

Travel Republic no promotion code £419.58

With promotion code £398.61.

This is a winter holiday to Mallorca for 13 nights H/B in a standard room. for two people.
I have tried the code- wsh- £838.82 (without loyalty discount)
travel republic- £871.87
travel republic (with code) £828.28
Can anyone use this code? How did you find out about it?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.