DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
Just tried my email address for fun and it was not recognized. Maybe I'm blacklisted after daring to complain about their non existant customer relations. :twisted: :tdown
Just tried it myself and it works a treat. Didn't book anything at this point, just wanted to try it.

It's a nice touch, I like it.

Also, don't know if you noticed Robbie but I you actually get more than 8%. My last loyalty booking had exactly 8% discount, with this it looks like it rounds the discount up to the nearest quid.

Well done WSH. :D

Jazz.
Apart from not being able to spell properly, it would appear from this clause that they could attempt to charge you more EVEN AFTER you have made a booking!!!!

I looked that up and would be surprised if they attempted to charge more than the advertised rate at the time of booking. As David from WSH has stated the prices are fluid and can change from day to day, so any advertised price should hold, and in my opinion should include any pricing errors which may occur. I'm not sure legally what the situation is about internet prices, but would hope it's the same as how a shop advertises prices - they should honour the displayed price. It's an interesting one, and a one I hope WSH can address on this site.

Last year I booked a room from a company for £33, when it should have been £330 (maybe decimal point was in the wrong place - for them anyway) :lol: , and fair play they honoured that price - I would like to know if they had too.

Robby :wink:
prices are fluid and can change from day to day

I'm sure this would be different for every company but surely it would depend on whether the online system was hooked up to a service like http://www.xe.com where the exchange rate was updated more often than per day, more like per hour.

If I ran a business that was dependant on exchange rates, I'd have mine checking regularly throughout the day to make sure I wasn't losing out if it dramatically dropped.

Jazz.
Having said that, I've just checked the WSH site and it does actually say...

prices are based on constantly fluctuating exchange rates, which means that our prices can rise and fall at any time

Jazz.
I am having problems with booking on Wintersunshine web site. I have tried twice now to book with the 8% loyalty applied on line, twice it has declined my booking(it says due to the bank, which I know that I have no problems with) I phoned the first time to check it hadn`t booked it, I was told to book it again. I have tried but it won`t let me again.

My booking last year was on the telephone due to the problems with the web site then, so I wonder if they won`t have details of my email for the loyalty. Anyone else had a similar problem?

Christine W
Christine,
I had this problem when booking last July for May 07. I rang through to WSH to ask what problem is. They ensured any booking transaction made was cancelled, and rebooked with discount over phone.
They can tell of previous bookings using your postcode and surname.
Seems the problem is incurred by the chip and pin system being rejected by computer systems (I had a problem with e-bay as well!)

Mark
Thanks Markas for your reply.

I tried twice to phone them both times they suggested I contact my bank, which I know there`s no problem with, I don`t like phoning HSBC as you normaly end up speaking to someone in India and it takes ages to explain everything.

I am dissapointed with them as it as taken me 6 days to get booked and I feel that they weren`t as helpful as the could have been. If I were the agent I`m sure that I would have at least tried to get it sorted out for a client.

It took 4 atempts to book, the 5th one proved to be sucsessful as I used my switch card instead.

We travelled with them last year, with no problems.
Wintersunshineholidays has now been rebranded and is now just called wshtravel. Their new revamped website can be found at http://www.wshtravel.com/

Do you find it slow Robby?

Happy New Year,

Dave
Yes, pretty slow, just hope it's teething troubles. At the moment I preferred the old format, I was well used to that.

Best of luck to them, they have always been one of the cheapest especially with the 8% discount.

Thank's for your reply, as you quite rightly say one of the cheapest. I have been highly satisfied. Enjoy your travels in 2007 with WSH.

Dave
I like the new website,but have reservations( :) )about some of the info. given.For example,the description of one of the hotels I use on the Algarve has a paragraph on the etiquette required of guests staying over Ramadan.
I have used Winter Sunshine Holidays 3 times a year for the last 5 years. Can't fault them. Never any problems, excellent service, and cheapest including discount for return customers.
yes had good service from WSH but sadly no longer the cheapest even with the returning customer discount.
Do shop around the many others that are recommended on here, and if you invest a bit of time you will save loads...
so who is cheaper? i have never found any cheaper when using the repeat booking discount.
Well it`s time to pay my balance and guess what problems again.
Yesterday I tried with my credit card, which it has declined again. I know card is fine as I paid for my baggage straight after with BMI Baby.
I then phoned them to pay by phone, again it declined my card.
Guess what! I`ve gone on line to pay balance and I can`t even pay with my switch card.(couldn`t do switch yesterday as I didn`t have enough to cover it).

I`m going to phone tomorrow, I hope I get some joy.

To be honest as it been worth it to save 8%. Never had any problems last year, similar dates, same destination and guess what same credit card. Was booked by phone last year. NO loyalty discout as first booking.

I am upset at the hassle it has caused as I had the same problems paying the deposit.
hi i would phone your credit card company and check it has not taken cash off as this happened to us on another web site at xmas tried to pay for holiday 4 times but there was a problem with web site and every time we clicked to pay it told us there was a problem but every time it took the cash not saying which website as we did quite well out of it but it was one of the large holiday companys that we have used on line before they call them ghost transactions and they come of in 10 days but it maxed out our credit card and we were on the phone for 6 hours getting it sorted we only discovered that they came of as we phoned a hotel direct and it declined our card so we phoned creditcard and they told us there had been 4 payments to holiday copany so i think it may be worth checking as your bagage would not be cost as mutch and and there might have been that amount left on your card hope this makes sence .p.s. if you phone card company and they tell you it has come off ask for the transaction numbers and get as mutch info from card company as they can give you that will save you a lot of time as when you phone holiday company you can give them this and that helps them trace payment.
I phoned them and sucessfully paid by phone with my visa debit card. I got an email from them appologising for the failed transactions, they said it was the security code, I def put this on each transaction. I shouldn`t have a problem with payments , if so I will ring cc company.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.