DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
I have priced a holiday up for next year in a hotel with these, my child is will be 12 when we go , i have put the age in and it is giving a child price other sites are giving an adult price is this correct.
If you are using WSH for accomodation only, the Child age is just for administration purposes, as you are being charged per room not per person.
Rooms are termed as suitable for x adults x children etc, though bear in mind that Child beds can be pull-out or camp beds, so your 12 year old may be a little big for them (check first)

Mark
With it being a hotel on full board i didnt want to be charged extra when i got there. I got a cheaper quote for the same hotel on another site and emailed them to see if they could match it, i have just got a email back to say they cannot match the price. Has anyone ever got a cheaper price after emailing them.
Yorkshire,

Were you eligable for loyalty discount with WSH?

With my 8% discount off, I usually find them hard to beat. Have once or twice, but generally they always come up trumps for me.

Jazz.
Just back from holiday in Majorca,booked the hotel though WSH every thing was 100% no problem.The extra 8% was nice to have and the bonding gives pease of mind.Great
Just noticed the discount has gone down to 6% now and not 8% have been holding out as the price had gone up with the euro being poor looks like i am going to have to start all over again.
What difference does it make? As long as the price I get is still the cheapest, I'm not fussed. I'm sure you'll agree. :D
Jazz.
has anyone looked at W.S.H, the prices have shot up.Have to shop around now,can,t afford there prices.anyone any ideas as to who offers best prices.
jeanie
I have booked with Travel Republic a couple of times and found them very competitive with WSH even without the 6% that was 8%. When I first started going DIY WSH were the kings and are still my first port of call, I have had great deals with Travel Zoo and by booking direct with the Hotels sometimes they give some very good quotes but not always , you have to work hard and put in a lot of time to find the best deals.

The very best of luck :lol:

Dave :fly
Hi jeanie .. as this topic is intended for discussion about WSH, it may be best if you post in a separate topic with your requirements, so that members can advise you about other options.

David :wave
Yesterday, I booked accommodation for a holiday to Torremolinos next February and I am really pleased at the deal. Initially, I had a query about the htmember discount and pm'd Mr David Clifford who responded quickly. I am impressed at the customer service and it's not often that customers have evidence that an MD takes an interest in the important aspect of customer care.

When I rang to complete the booking, I spoke to a lovely lady called Laura and in a matter of minutes, I received the confirmation emails - infact, even before I put the telephone down.

The price was great - beating many competitors offers by well over £100 in some instances. I know that prices can sometimes fluctuate dependant on the exchange rate. I have checked many other holiday sites over the past couple of days and seen the variances from day to day and sometimes different times of the same day! I am happy with the price I paid.

I especially liked that a deposit can be paid and the balance paid 30 days prior to travel - most others expect either full amount at point of booking or balance paid 12 weeks prior to travel. With WSH, time permitting, your money stays in your bank account, not someone else's :wink:

Another aspect of the site I found easy to use was the flight section, too, which is constantly updated.

Many thanks WSH :tup
Elaine :D
WSH have now took the loyalty bonus away. You now get nothing knocked off.
Their system is now showing approximately a 1% discount when I enter my e-mail address.Their homepage refers to the discount but doesn't mention the percentage,presumably because it's not worth shouting about anymore !
The Google entry for WSH still refers to the 10% deposit option, but this seems to now be 20%.
With prices appearing to be much dearer than last year, it looks as if it may well be time to look elsewhere for a bargain - pity because, although they weren't the cheapest option last year,I booked with them thinking that the (then) 8% loyalty discount in future years would more than make up for the extra cost last year.Seems that the loyalty was maybe a one-way affair - or am I being cynical again ? :)
I did the same Sagres. I booked with them to go to Lagos this year thinking that in future the 8% loyalty discount would make it worth while.

Although in fairness they were fairly competative on price for my accommodation I think only findmeaccom.com were cheaper. I also liked the 10% deposit. I did intend to use them again however it will now be a case of back to the drawing board of shopping around. :roll:

If you are cynical then that seems to be a club I am a member of also :lol:
Doe
I also think there prices have shot up.looked at there website in september and the hotel i wanted for 5th march next year was £537 looked this week and its shot up to £636 thats to big an increase for me so I have booked direct with the hotel which for the first time is cheaper.Been booking with W.S.H four times a year for three years now but I think this is the end of the line.

jeanie :(
A 34% increase over what I paid for the same hotel,same length of stay and identical dates as last year.I know that the € is stronger against the £ than it was at this time last year but 34% :shock: :shock: - c'mon WSH: do you want our business or not ??
The deposit percent must have been changed recently because I booked a holiday a week ago and paid 10% deposit. Also got the 4% discount as ht member. I have checked with other sites today and WSH still very competitive for the holiday I booked and cheaper than booking direct with the hotel, too.
HT Members,

Please be assured that our company has not increased any of our website margins. Any noticeable increases in comparable prices from last year are caused by increases made by accommodations themselves and incoming suppliers that feed into our site.

In fact, I would like to confirm that our website margins have been dramatically reduced today as a special. You may have noticed the "end of year sale" promotion on our homepage. We have added this to enable us to compete in a crowded market at a very competitive time of year (December through to February).

As you can imagine, whilst this reduction will make our standard web pricing a lot cheaper, it does mean that the loyalty discount has had to be lowered inline to ensure we are not selling our travel services for less than we are buying them. That said, we felt it important to ensure our loyalty discount still offered return customers a little extra above the standard.

We hope that all of our customers, new and return, can appreciate that the new promotional discounted pricing across the board is a good thing, and that hopefully it will benefit everyone.

Many thanks to you all.

David Clifford
Managing Director
Winter Sunshine Holidays Ltd
When i looked 2 days ago the price for the accommadation i am looking at was £587 with 6% off came to £551.78 now it is £568 am kicking myself i didnt book earlier it was only £524 2 months ago. Am very disappointed it has been taken away.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.