DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
I Hope so but im not holding my breath.When a company goes bust there will be very small print saying we wernt coverd if the company went bust or something,Hope im wrong.Depressing times indeed.
Does anyone know if WSH was covered by ABTA or anything? Im sure when you book on the last page before you confirm it said it was covered by ABTA or something,Really worried now.
I am sure that this might be blocked but this is from their website. Dave
http://www.wshtravel.com/pages/trust.aspx
  • Edited by David 2009-01-13 20:49:25
    Edited for copyright reasons, weblink inserted to replace quoted text
Ive read that page mate but does this cover Visa debit card payments? As this is the way I paid.
The bank with whom you have your debit card should be made aware of WSH' s statement

Total Safety for your money, why not print the page and get down there as soon as possible.

Dave
hi everyone thought it was just me getting impatient with wsh travel. me and my family have booked a holiday to majorca in may however i wanted to ammend the travel dates but cannot get any joy with web page,or by phone. my mother drove down to the offices on sunday but the gates were locked, displaying two phone numbers on the gate, one being the office number and another one. my mother rang the number a women answered stating she was nothing to do with wsh travel, and when asked if they had financial problems the women replied no, and that they were due to open on wednesday.i feel it a bit strange that this women says she has nothing to do with wsh travel yet her number is on the gate along with the office number. feel free to call this number and maybe someone can put us out of our misery.

EDIT: Hi dickenson .. as you have tried calling the number and the lady says she has no connection with WSH, then it's probably best that we remove the number from your post in case she gets a spate of calls from worried customers.
David HT Mod
I was told exactly the same when contacting this phone number!! But she did say it was cedars farm which is the address on wsh website!!!! She also said the office would be open tomorrow, so I will be phoning at 9am.
Has it crossed anyone's mind that this alternative number may be, perhaps, the number of the keyholder and therefore given for emergency purposes e.g break-ins, water leakage etc., and that the lady truly has no connection with the business itself? In around 12 hours time it should become clear whether there is a problem or not; before then, further speculation is pointless.
I have used WSH extensively and currently have one outstanding trip - Lanzarote Feb 2009 - but have increasing feelings of concern.I booked using WSH (4 rooms @ at cost of £1300.00) for a trip to Barcelona Barcelo Raval recently. Deposit paid June - bal paid Sept arr Friday 17.10.08 9pm to find there was no trace of my booking - even though i had all the documentation. Hotel fully booked and no chance of accomodating 8 people in a brand new boutique hotel at such short notice - to cut a very long and distressing tale short - the Barcelo staff were amazing and offered complimentary drinks whilst they located alternative accom (no mean feat 8 people/friday night) for us, but this was at an additional cost of £2000.00+. I left a message imm with WSH and contacted as soon as open on Monday - I then emailed all details and proofs etc and was advd as per thier T&C that I would needto wait for up to 6 weeks whislt WSH undertook an investigation. That was a very nervous wait as by that stage we had spent £3300.00 for 3 nights accom for 8 people.I kept emailing for updates and rec'd assurances was still being looked into....in all fairness just shy of the 6 week investigation period I was contacted by WSH who confirmed they had managed to negotiate with their agent and secured a refund of £2020.00 for me. This was then recd by me about 14 days later (17.12.08) with an assurance that this was not the fault of WSH but the hotel...(?)...and hoping that this would not stop us from using them in the future. I took them at their word and used them again 29.12.08 when I booked the Lanzarote trip. I am now concerned that my faith has been misplaced. I have contacted Barclaycard and opened a dispute with them - i also did this in October and subsequently closed the dispute when WSH came good. B/card (so far) have been very good - I am now about to re-book using a different (abta/atol??) agent.
morning everyone the offices are located on a farm down a lane. so the women who says she is nothing to do with wsh travel. must then lease the offices to them. as anybody got contact with them yet ive tried but no luck.
I have also tried contacting them this morning. There are automated options available to speak to an advisor or to the operator, but all repeatedly failed. Previous emails to WSH Support and to their directors have gone unanswered, but even if they did only open for business this morning after a 2 week closure, I would not expect an immediate answer to my messages. Their reservation system still shows no availability for any dates or destinations.

David :wave
We have received an Email from our hotel in lanzarote for 3 weeks in May. This was booked in August 2008 and full amount paid, I rang the hotel in Lanzarote and was told that WSH had faxed them and cancelled the booking yesterday 13/01/09. I cannot believe they would do that unless they were in financial difficulties

Steve
My mother and friend booked a hotel on Costa del Sol 12th Jan on arriving at hotel was told by manager WSH had not paid them and they could not stay there. They had to pay the hotel direct £800.00 Also no joy e-mailing and phoning.
elena
Hello,

I am a reporter at the Derby Telegraph and we are currently looking into the situation regarding WSH.
I would really appreciate if anyone who has had any problems, especially if their holiday has been cancelled, to get in touch.

I can be contacted by email on cduffin@derbytelegraph.co.uk or on 01332 253053.

Many thanks.

Claire.
Hello, Rachael at BBC Radio Derby here. We are looking for answers for people experiencing problems with WSH Travel Company. If you'd like to contact me on 01332 375001 or Rachael.gilchrist@bbc.co.uk and tell me your experiences, I'll try and track the company down. Cheers, Rachael.
Hi All
I have booked a hotel room with WSH for 1 week in June staying in Majorca. I have only paid an deposit and I paid by visa. I have used WSH before and have had no problems, but I do believe that they are not bonded so there may be problems here if something is wrong.
It seemed odd that they shut their offices for such a long period over the holidays when holiday companies are fighting so hard for trade. I even tried using their web site to obtain a price for another break, but the site has been showing no results for the past week or two.

regards

Robert
WSH had faxed them and cancelled the booking yesterday 13/01/09

Obviously somebody is about then
Hi Again
I suppose I cannot try to recover any money I paid by Visa towards my deposit until there is some official announcement that WSH are in financial trouble, (if that is the case). I read in an earlier post that if the cost paid to Visa towards my deposit was below £100, then visa would not cover it. Is this the case ?

Thanks

Robert
I'm pretty sure it does have to be over £100 to recoup the cost from Visa and what a lot of people don't realise is that it has to be over £100 per person not in total or so i've read anyway.

I have booked with W.S.H on a few occasions but this year we have booked through Travel Republic because they were more competitive, at least they are Abta bonded so hopefully we should be ok.
Sue :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.