DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
I echo your statement Jeanie, I have always found WSH the best but just checking the website the accomodation that I booked in June 07 for February 08 receiving the 8% discount is now £2 cheaper than I agreed to pay then, however I did pay just 10% deposit. However that said I know where we are going having been for the last five years and it is extremely good value for money. Also checked Travel Republic who are now £6.19 dearer with 5% discount neither here or there.
We must keep surfing the sites for better value, keep on looking.

Dave :lol:
i have booked my accomodation today with hotelopia,great prices so i look forward to a long and happy relationship with them,shame about W.S.H but hey I have to look for the best deals to suit my pocket.I have been booking with W.S.H for three years now but i suppose all good things come to an end
jeanie :(
There is 6% loyalty discount available now for return customers to WSH.
It's been reinstated for the last couple of days.One wonders how much business it has cost them during the time it was withdrawn.
It says there is 6% off but when you put your email address in the discount box it only takes around 1% off. The prices have gone up a lot as well.
No, it is actually deducing the 6%( well,it was yesterday), but they don't come out as the cheapest even then.
I have just tried it and the hotel i have been looking at is not taking the 6% off i tried another hotels and it is taking the 6% off probably got that cookie telling them i want a certain hotel anybody out there willing to check the hotel i want to see how much it is coming up on their computer if i pm them.
I think they are just trying to fool us, they offer 6% dicount on a greatly inflated price.Can,t fool me though I now look direct to the hotel first and find for the first time ever that it is the cheapest way to go.

jeanie
winter sunshine holidays - excellent company - booked with them for the last few years. They are not always the cheapest - but everything goes to plan - and you have every confidence that if there is a problem that it will get sorted - plus whenever you book with them you get a 5% discount when you book again.
I have used them for hotels in costa blanca, barcelona, canada and america - keep checking their web site as sometimes the hotel rate changes and you can get some real bargains.

DO NOT USE ALPHA ROOMS AT ANY COST - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED - IF EVERYTHING GOES OK GREAT BUT IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM THEY DO NOT WANT TO KNOW - PLUS THE TELEPHONE NUMBER THAT THEY SAY RING FROM RESORT IS NOT CONNECTED,

DONT SAY YOU HAVE NOT BEEN WARNED - REMEMBER THE HOTEL IN RESORT IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO HELP YOU - YOUR CONTRACT IS WITH ALPHA ROOMS AND THEY ONLY WORK AS A CONSOLIDATOR
Wintersunshine holidays all the way
Be warned that if you book with WSH and are including friends or relatives in your party, then the balance payment will only be accepted from one credit card.If each party wants to pay their own portion of the accommodation cost then payment must be made with separate cheques by post.The only alternative, if each family wants to pay their own share, is to make separate bookings at the outset.
Might be an idea if WSH could make this clear in their T&C''s.** Edit-It appears that this was a temporary problem with the software, as WSH have been in touch to say that payment can be made over the 'phone from two separate cards provide that both cardholders are present to authorise their cards. How refreshing it is to find a company that takes an interest in it's clients comments and moves swiftly to rectify problems. Thankyou WSH !!
  • Edited by Sagres 2008-07-15 10:22:48
I used Alpha rooms as they were £250 cheaper had no problem with them i was very worried about it after i read the earlier post but everything went well.
Was going to book the other day as they where coming up a few pounds cheaper then noticed they added £2.00 on the price at the end, emailed them and they said they now charge £2.00 for booking with a credit/debit card. Have now booked with another company who do not charge for using a debit card.
I always used W.S.H until there prices shot up but for the last three bookings have used hotelopia with a discount code and booking through quidco have saved a lot of money.ay the moment quidco have 12% off and if you add that to holelopia 10% its 22% of starting price which is a excellent.

jeanie ;)
Our friends booked the Med Palace from today through WSH. When they got to the hotel they were told their booking had been cancelled. They have been in Tenerife for 5 days already, at the Zentre Centre, also booked through WSH with no problems. They were sent an email from WSH telling them the booking had been cancelled, and their money has been returned. They didnt get the email as they were already on holiday.
I've tried booking hotels in Playa de Las Americas with WSH for various dates and they arent selling any! Other sites have the usual hotels available.
So it looks like WSH have an issue with Tenerife at the moment. Anyone have any idea why?

And if you have booked with them I would check.

We are due to join our friends on Tuesday, but I booked with Hotelopia, so hopefully we will be OK.
Update: It appears that you cant book any hotels with WSH now. Have they gone bust?
It may be a bit premature to jump to that conclusion. It could possibly be an out of hours technical glitch. Contact details on the website suggest that WSH offices are closed for the New Year holiday until Wednesday.

David :wave
Quite right, I shouldnt jump to conclusions. Seems strange that the booking was cancelled when the hotel has plenty of room though. My friends still got a room there, albeit at extra cost.
http://www.wshtravel.com/
anyone having trouble with this site ?
keep getting this

Search Results - accommodation
No Properties have been found

no matter what dates/destination i enter :que
Mods ..can you move this post please ,just seen another here ..sorry
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=23846
  • Edited by David 2009-01-07 17:18:48
    Topic moved and merged
Hi,

Yes, I have tried & got the same as you, they have lost out now as I have booked with Alpharooms. It would have been good to see what price they were offering though.

Maybe its a glitch in their system, but I have been trying for 3 days now.

Deb.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.