Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
I'd concentrate on visiting the places that everyone raves about rather than looking for specific places to avoid. Every restaurant can have a bad night and mess up the occasional cover so any negative reviews may not be fair unless its the same places coming up time and again.

I've eaten in many different restaurants in Ayia Napa over the years and the only bad meal I've ever had has been in Castellis Restaurant. Yet I know that this place has a good reputation, and on the night we visited was that full that we had to wait for a table. Not the sign of a bad restaurant yet the service was poor and the food served up was that bad three of the four main courses were returned.

Incidentally my favourite restaurants are Fiji, Sapporo, Clarabels and El Bandidos.
We stayed in Pernera and got a taxi to ayia napa before we opened the taxi doors people were trying to get us into pubs! We all said let us get out of the taxi first!!! We felt sorry for one tout who walked us to the pub lit up like a christmas tree!!! you cant miss it, it was heaving! Buy 1 get 1 free so we ordered vodka+diet coke x 2 so we got 4 and keo large bottles x 2 so we got 4 small cans of keo!!! they also gave us a large bottle of peach stuff with shot glasses it tasted like melted orange calypso ice lollies yak!! and a bowl of crisps!! 24 euros!!! could not believe it. they were also trying to sell jelly shots for 2 euros which people were leaving as they said they were awful! We drunk up and left the bottle of peach stuff 3/4 full and went to the bar opposite which was empty and got 2 pints of keo and 2 baileys cocktails all for 10 euros so we stayed there for a while then my sister was sick off the peach stuff!! None of us can remember much after that except that I had to put a young girl in the recovery position as the pub got her drunk then threw her out she was unconscious!! Whether she is still alive I do not know as we had to catch our taxi back. All I can say is enjoy yourself but be very careful as we saw a lot of people being taken advantage of.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.