General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi Jay Trip - is there a particular reason why you don't write reviews any more?
Yes Helen,I have found that after a writing a good review the hotel seems to become more popular and I find its hard to get booked if I want to return.:rofl
The prices also seem to rise at the more popular hotels.
I always do my research before I go so try and choose a hotel high up on TAs list,or ask on here for recommendations.
I am off in 5 weeks to an apartment in Icmeler which I saw advertised last October and not being confident to book on-line I have had trouble getting booked due to its popularity this year.
Thanks to Hays travel they have managed to book it for me despite being a Thomson/First holiday.
You can if it's your review Miss Pink

I was just going to say similar to Sanji's reply. Even if you don't use a word document and type your review straight into a forum, it's just a case of 'copying' before submitting. No different than writing the review out word for word on two sites but much less time consuming :)
I thought we were not supposed to copy from another forum and vice versa

You as the intellectual owner of the document (review) can copy & paste your review and use it wherever you like :tup
I thought it was nice to receive an email from holiday truths on the day I returned from my holiday gently prompting me to write a review. I would have written a review anyway while things were fresh in the mind but I thought it was a nice touch.

Is this a new thing or am I just special?

It is indeed a very nice and unique custom written feature to Holidaytruths. If you're logged into the forums and create some luggage labels, on your return you will get a welcome back and are invited to write a hotel review.

Mark :)
Yes Helen,I have found that after a writing a good review the hotel seems to become more popular and I find its hard to get booked if I want to return.
The prices also seem to rise at the more popular hotels.
I always do my research before I go so try and choose a hotel high up on TAs list,

And this is presumably why TA has such a problem with dubious posts and glowing fake reviews? You might have a harder job finding the reviews here on HT but because there is no 'league table' there is little incentive for unscrupulous hoteliers to try and rig them.

SM
We don't stay in hotels much on holiday but I have posted a few reviews. I must admit that if I stay overnight in a Travelodge or similar I never think of putting a review anywhere - maybe I should, but most Travelodges are pretty much the same.
Hi Oklahoma - I agree that Travellodges are much of a muchness, but a review could include their location in relation to attractions, airports e.t.c. eg. there are 2 lodges in the centre of CArdiff, one of which is on top of a nightclub. Now, if I was taking my grandchildren for a night, I'd prefer to stay in the other one :tup
I try to do a review each time.

However, if you post a review on HolidayTruths you cannot copy it and post it elsewhere which is a bit rich when it's expected that you copy a review posted on another site to here..... :que

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
Shell ... you can copy your own material to any sites that you wish.

David :wave
David - Just a thought! does Shell mean that you cannot copy and paste from the review site, rather than the legality of it. If so Shell you could write your review in word or similar, and copy and paste from there to wherever you want.
I just write my review straight into the review section here then copy it before submitting it. Then I can paste it wherever I like :tup
The copyright law applies to others pinching your post rather than you copying it yourself around the web :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.