General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I stayed at three hotels on my last holiday. I reviewed one on HT but the other two I didn't bother as they are not listed in the hotel review section. I did however provide reviews of all three on TA as this is where I had researched the hotels before booking.
Sunbear - it's really easy to get a hotel included. Just go onto the thread 'other help and assistance' and one of the mods will include it.
Sunbear - if you ask for your hotels to be added to the database - this is done asap. This is the section Denny's talking about http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=55170&hilit=adding+hotels+to+the
Thanks for taking the time to reply.
I usually do, but on some of my touring holidays I can stay in up to 12 hotels and then it gets a bit time consuming after about 5 so I don't do a review for all of them.
Judith that's fair enough- at least yu take the trouble to review a few of those hotels.

We holiday at various hotels throughout the year. One hotel abroad at Easter and another during the summer, plus airport hotels and at least one UK hotel for a weekend break. I write reviews for them all here on HT and have recently started adding the summer ones to TA as well.

FAO members who write reviews for TA and not here- Once you've written your review over on the other side, why not copy and paste it into the review section of HT- no extra time and effort involved- simples! :D
I do write all my reviews on TA, but even on there some of them are too small or remote to be accepted.
I have done ones that would be of any use on here, & some I suspect no one will ever look at, but I certainly do ones for places like Athens where there is a possibility that someone may need to find accommodation. I would hope people would ask though as I know far more hotels than I have stayed at (location is far more important than any other factor in Athens). I have stayed in 11, number 12 to be sampled this weekend. Some aren't reviewed on here as they aren't recent stays.

BTW, is there any way you can pull up a list of your own reviews? That is another thing that would make me reluctant as I can't remember which ones I've already done, like Judith I probably stay in a dozen or more places a year!
That is another thing that would make me reluctant as I can't remember which ones I've already done, like Judith I probably stay in a dozen or more places a year!

Hi Athensfan. I'm not sure if there's a way to select the ones any particular person's reviewed but if you're afraid of duplicating ones you've already written all you need do is look at the hotel on the review site to see if your review is there ;)
I've tried using the search button - typed in the name of this summer's hotel that I have reviewed, and my name as the author, but all that shows is the posts I've made on the forum which include the hotel name - nothing from the review section.
I do always post reviews of hotels, even if only brief ones for the same reasons as Judith suggests -because it can take a lot of time if you've stayed in multiple hotels. But on the whole I don't stay in hotels all that often - for example I mainly stay in Casa Particulares when in Cuba or in individual privately owned apartments when travelling within Europe - so haven't posted that many reviews.

I admit that there are times when I've wavered about doing it because it has crossed my mind that the sort of places I tend to stay in are unlikely to be of that much interest to the majority of HT members. But then I give myself a stiff talking to - there's no point in my grumbling that the sort of places that I like to stay in aren't to be found in the Review section if I'm not taking the time to post about them myself :think

SM
there's no point in my grumbling that the sort of places that I like to stay in aren't to be found in the Review section if I'm not taking the time to post about them myself

That's the whole point SMa :tup The only way to get people (who enjoy alternative accomodation/holidays) interested in the site is to start posting about and reviewing these places :)
Yep, I do..even if we have just gone away for the weekend and stayed in a B & B. If it's not on..I just ask for it to be added to the database.
I thought it was nice to receive an email from holiday truths on the day I returned from my holiday gently prompting me to write a review. I would have written a review anyway while things were fresh in the mind but I thought it was a nice touch.

Is this a new thing or am I just special? :D
Everyone's special on this forum :tup , but I agree it's a nice personal touch, and a gentle prompt, when there's so many other things to do when you get back.
Yes, always post a review, it's the least we can do. HT only works through the help and advise members give, also the mods work hard to keep the site going and I think we should appreciate that.
As far as I am concerned it's all part of the pleasure of being a member :)

Caz
You may have noticed this very recent post that I mentioned in another topic
my review will be on "another review website" soon

That is very frustrating, here is an HT member that has reviewed a hotel on another site then can't even copy and paste it on to HT but comes on and proudly broadcasts the fact they have just placed a review on another site :que
I openly admit to looking at several reviews sites when chosing a hotel etc however I always place a review here on HT first.
Shirely h said
FAO members who write reviews for TA and not here- Once you've written your review over on the other side, why not copy and paste it into the review section of HT- no extra time and effort involved- simples! :D

I thought we were not supposed to copy from another forum and vice versa :que
Miss Pink wrote:
I thought we were not supposed to copy from another forum and vice versa

You can if it's your review Miss Pink :tup
Thanks Glynis - didn't realize that might save time for everyone in future then
It doesn't involve copying from another website...
Most people will compose a review in something like 'word' and run a spell checker through it before posting, and if your hotel is not already listed in HT, if you ask for it to be added, IT WILL BE, and if you save the document, it's just a matter of copy and paste (from your computer).

Sanji
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.